First iPhone ever

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think he/she asking if there is a danger of downloading any pirated app and how to avoid it or recognize them.

If that is not the case, well I want to know !

If you download from iTunes or the App store, that will never happen. I't not possible. You would have to JB your phone.. and that is not something I recommend.

BR34KF4ST

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm a legit user, I will not pirate apps but I would like to know how to avoid it. Some websites I go redirects me to ads which i want to avoid.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
We aren't receiving any other feedback from the OP .... coming from android, it takes a few days to get accustomed to iOS. Then you'll hardly go back

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm a legit user, I will not pirate apps but I would like to know how to avoid it. Some websites I go redirects me to ads which i want to avoid.

Easiest way is to only download apps directly from the App Store. They have all been approved directly by Apple.

justins24

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
So after two weeks now. I have gotten used to it. There are some things I still miss. I saw some people post about third party apps and wish I could install cinebox

obiwein

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
So after two weeks now. I have gotten used to it. There are some things I still miss. I saw some people post about third party apps and wish I could install cinebox

Glad you were able to be open minded and give the device and OS a chance.

I have previously had devices jailbroken with installed apps from non-AppStore sources. However, there are generally decent items on the AppStore itself to fill the needs. Plus many of the things I used to jailbreak back a few OS levels ago are now built into iOS 10 anyway so the need just becomes less and less.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what cinebox is.... BTW what do you mean with "third party apps" ? You can find literally tons of third party apps on the App Store.

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
For keyboard, I'd recommend Microsoft Workflow. It's pretty good. That's the one I use. I actually deleted the stock keyboard.

For email, I recommend MS Outlook.

I am not a big fan of iPhone, personally I'm a Windows Phone. Since the lack of Apps, I use iPhone as a daily driver. I keep switching between Android and iPhone.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I own too many devices. I own the iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPad mini. I own the Samsung Galaxy S7, Note 4, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I'm sick, I know. Saying that the device I use the most, just about all the time is my iPhone 7 with 256 gb of internal-storage. I use to be Android or nothing, I was a fanatic Android nut. The more I use my iPhone 7, the more I'm loving it.

Pugster03

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I know iOS not perfect, but after having an iPhone4, then switching to a Samsung Android, I would never get another Android device again. It's been too quirky with apps disappearing and moving around and all of the files running in the background taking up memory! I hate it! I decided to get an iPad Air 2 and not use my phone much for Internet, just texting and calling. The iPad doesn't have colored fonts or priority levels for email, but overall it isn't annoying like Android. I also thought have the ability to put in extra memory from an SD card would help, but I've not successfully been able,to move anything though it appears as if many of my apps moved,to the card. But, it didn't help my device memory issue at all. I finally downloaded an app that cleans outs the crap files, as needed and it seems to be working, though it likes to take over sometimes, when unlocking my phone etc.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel you. I recently bought an iPhone SE for the wifey who wanted a second, smaller phone for when leaving the house and I ran into limitations that were pretty frustrating. Her daily phone is the pink Note 4 N910C.

The gallery app is a huge friggin mess b/c despite moving pics into albums, the pics still exist inside the Camera Roll and if I delete the pics inside the Roll, they also get deleted inside the albums. I find that very stupid & unintuitive.

The lack of a back button - hardware or software - is also inconvenient. Even on the small 4" iPhone SE, having to stretch my hand every time to go back is a pain.

And as you mentioned, the lack of customization options feels very stuffy & suffocating (no deep automation apps like Tasker and Macrodroid, no truly custom keyboards, no personal homescreens, no way to change icons, etc).

But the iPhone has good points too, I have learned. I love its superb battery standby time (Google has serious wakelock issues), decent camera, and prompt app updates.

When at home, my wife uses the Note 4 but carries the iPhone SE when going out b/c it fits better into her bags & clothes.

If Apple would make a few changes, I would consider trying the iPhone as my daily driver.

What specific changes would you have Apple make. I too, came from a Nexus 6 and WM 950 xl. In comparison, the WM and iphone are very similar in how they work and what limitations each share. The Nexus 6 was the best phone I ever owned. It just fit my needs to a tee without all the carrier bloat.

All my family has iPhones and with a new grand daughter, I decided to give iPhone 6s+ a try just for Facetime. I've had it about 10 days and to be honest, I would have problems going back to Android but not to Window Phone. They both do what I want and need them to do.

My 2 cents

Pcmx

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I have Apple for work and Android as personal. Both on some of the newest devices. It's a fortunate combo to have :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I love tech and wanted to give the iPhone a try and used my jump on demand at t-mobile and got the ip7. I'm really trying to like this phone but there are so many limitations with it.

No real customization what so ever. The lack of a real back button is frustrating. The image quality from the camera is not that great. The keyboard is atrocious. The fact that you can't download files is another thing that's mind boggling. You can't side load apps with out apple blocking it even though it's your phone. This is some of my observations. Also no real widgets.

The one thing I can say I like is how the apple does release the os on set date and time.

I really want to like this device, but it is not meeting up to its expectations.

From what I'm reading. You sound like a perfect Android User. Android has tones of customizations which I'm sure you will love.
With regards to the picture quality, the only thing i can think of it maybe you have left the plastic wrap on around the camera haha.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox