• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Firmware updates for both AirPods 2 and AirPods Pro

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Well see how long it take before my AirPods Pro 2 updates. I have it on the charger as well speak and it’s right next to my iPhone.
Mine have updated already while I was wearing them 😳

I have to say that the head movements have been quite useful since I discovered them this morning 😁

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine have updated already while I was wearing them

I have to say that the head movements have been quite useful since I discovered them this morning

I checked the firmware version about an hour ago and it had updated to 7A302, but I haven’t listened to music or anything with them yet. I’m getting my things ready for work tomorrow, but I’ll definitely listen to some music and check it out.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that the 7A series of firmware for AirPods Pro 2 with USB type C has improved range quite significantly.

I have been able to go over 15m in distance and multiple walls in between from my phone without disconnecting.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that the 7A series of firmware for AirPods Pro 2 with USB type C has improved range quite significantly.

I have been able to go over 15m in distance and multiple walls in between from my phone without disconnecting.

I’ve noticed it, too. The range has increased for sure and there was no static.

Reactions: EdwinG

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
And another firmware update today… 7A305. And my AirPods Pro are already up to date.

Source:

I’d forgotten all about this new update. I’ll see if it’s already updated or see if it’ll update while I’m watching The U vs Virginia Tech tonight on ESPN 7:30 PM Eastern.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guideontheside