Firmware update 2.0.1 did nothing for my IPhone 3g

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
I liked your video. A real good demonstration of the lagginess of the software. I haven't experienced anything that severe but I feel for you man. I would probably return it too if I had that many problems. If you like the phone though I would wait until the September release of the 2.1 software. But again it's pretty inexcuseable of apple to release a product that people can barely use.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, new firmware cleared up the lag I would get once in a while... guess you are not that lucky. I'd be angry if I were you as well. Sorry man.

*In regards to mms you spoke incorrectly. We do have other options. The person can simply mms a picture to your email instead of your phone number. In case you didn't know that...

Also it might do you some good to do a full restore now. And not from a backup. May solve your issue once and for all. Good luck.

Last edited:

stevepow#IM

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
i understand about the email its just that only one of my many friends have the option to send me an email and the others only have options to send me a pic through mms. I did try to do a restore before but it was from a backup not a fresh start so i will try that now and thank you for the info i will let you know how it turns out. how do i install a fresh copy without installing a backup???

Steve

Last edited:

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
i understand about the email its just that only one of my many friends have the option to send me an email and the others only have options to send me a pic through mms. I did try to do a restore before but it was from a backup not a fresh start so i will try that now and thank you for the info i will let you know how it turns out. how do i install a fresh copy without installing a backup???

Steve

Also, most modern cellphones have the option to mms to a phone number or an email address. Your mms address is yourphonenumber@mms.att.net. Just ask your friends to do this. They don't need an email client to do this. The mms just goes through a portal and appears in your email. Try it and see what happens.

How to send /receive MMS from iPhone 3G | web500.us

btw this works the other way as well. but you have to know what carrier they have. Hope this helps

Also I've never tried this as most of the people I send files to have email, so I don't have any experience with it.

Last edited:

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i have to absoultely agree with most of the comments here...

do a FULL RESTORE... since you have 2 applications, its not difficult to re-type in most of the necessary information (if its necessary).

also... do NOT install any programs via the APP STORE... only use itunes... it has worked wonders for me so far...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Steve

Do a restore like normal but at the end it will ask you to restore via a backup or set up a iPhone. You want to set a iPhone up.

And for the mms your friends simply can put your email in to the to field instead of your cell number. That will work. Hope this helps.

wcarr3

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I would try a restore and if that doesn't work take that thing back to the Apple or AT&T store.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I've noticed that windows hates itunes (well i kinda knew that for awhile..lol). Just tonight, my phone didn't want to sync right. Back up taking forever. Phone wasn't even indicating it was syncing but itunes thought it was syncing.

Unplugged the phone from computer. I basically had to turn the phone's power off by holding down the top button. Powered it back on. Closed itunes. Started windows task manager and stopped anything itunes related (about 3-4 things including itunes.exe). Restarted itunes. Plugged in iphone and bam, the sync took about 2min.

I'm not even going to try to determine what was the issue..be it the phone needing reset, itunes not liking vista over time, or vista. Who knows.. If a sync is really taking long, something is screwy somewhere. Usually my syncs are quick..

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro