• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Fingerprint magnet?

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone X screen seems to retain finger smudges more than any previous screen?

Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fringerprint magnet?

Has anyone else noticed that the iPhone X screen seems to retain finger smudges more than any previous screen?

Thanks!

I wouldn’t say I’ve noticed any more or less smudges than I have on previous models. The stainless steal edges are a different story though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!
More than previous iPhone screens? I've noticed the smudges, but haven't noticed them to be worse than my previous iPhone displays.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I haven’t noticed anything different then any other iPhone I have had. I have a screen protector and Apple Leather case on mine since day one.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I have a screen protector on as well, so of course we are not going to notice that the display smudges more or less, since we never touch the display.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I’m not sure what Apple does to their glass, but mine smudges terribly. Not just my X though. All the more recent iPhones I’ve had have had the same problem. I noticed it’s worse than on the more recent Android phones I’ve had as well.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Not more than the other phones, I would say right about in line with them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My 7 plus screen smudged super bad. And didn’t wipe off as easy which seemed like there was no oleophobic coating. But when I got my X, I’ve never even touch the glass. I put a tempered glass on as soon as it came out of the box.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I’ve seen this issue with friends that touch there face a lot. The Face oil gets on there fingers then on there screens

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!
You could try washing your hands, works wonders for me ...
how-long-should-you-wash-your-hands-fb.jpg
Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

You could try washing your hands, works wonders for me ...
View attachment 123316
Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.

Wow! I never thought of that!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman