Finding now dead Apple Watch UPDATE: FOUND! See thread!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a 7 on Prime Day. I was cleaning kinda hurriedly I’m sure in my kitchen and took it off to wash dishes. I went out to go and realized I can’t find it! I’ve played the sound but I guess I was upstairs at the time late at night in bed abs thought I would try Find My and the battery must have been low because I can’t hear it anywhere in the house now! I was in just a short distance I can’t believe I’ve misplaced it that fast!🤦🏽*♀️

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a 7 on Prime Day. I was cleaning kinda hurriedly I’m sure in my kitchen and took it off to wash dishes. I went out to go and realized I can’t find it! I’ve played the sound but I guess I was upstairs at the time late at night in bed abs thought I would try Find My and the battery must have been low because I can’t hear it anywhere in the house now! I was in just a short distance I can’t believe I’ve misplaced it that fast!������������*♀️

If you go into the Find My app, it will give you the last seen approximate location and its battery state (if connected).
It might or not be helpful, but it will allow you to target.

If it's in your home, I guess a spring cleaning is in order (basically, searching everywhere, like inside the chesterfield underneath the cushions).

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If you go into the Find My app, it will give you the last seen approximate location and its battery state (if connected).
It might or not be helpful, but it will allow you to target.

If it's in your home, I guess a spring cleaning is in order (basically, searching everywhere, like inside the chesterfield underneath the cushions).

Yeah it’s at home. I was cleaning at home and then I realized it was gone when I headed out and I didn’t have it on. Our cushions don’t come up. 🤣 Argh! I lve been digging around now I have to keep my phone with me! #firstworldprobs

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Yeah it’s at home. I was cleaning at home and then I realized it was gone when I headed out and I didn’t have it on. Our cushions don’t come up. ?????? Argh! I lve been digging around now I have to keep my phone with me! #firstworldprobs

Lost while cleaning, ugh that’s a tough one. I’ll get in a cleaning frenzy and can forget where I put something down. But Here’s my two cents, cleaning usually involves filling up the trash bin. One, I hate to say it but either find it before you take the trash out to the dumpster/to the trash barrel for pickup, or you need to play it safe and go through the trash. Two, if you haven’t found it yet, check every load of laundry closely before putting the load in the washing machine. It could be sitting between two dirty towels or the changed bedsheets.
Best of luck.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The best reason for me not to have one yet !

Ok so! Not sure what your lifestyle is like but I got a 3 to see what the hoopla is. I walk and I could not be tied to my phone, there’s also the fitness. I upgraded and I don’t even have to look at it, it announces while I’m walking! I also am a Mama of three kids 18-8. I am still walking because Im the age that I need to or I get fat but Im not happy….and Im tied to my phone! I need to find my watch!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Lost while cleaning, ugh that’s a tough one. I’ll get in a cleaning frenzy and can forget where I put something down. But Here’s my two cents, cleaning usually involves filling up the trash bin. One, I hate to say it but either find it before you take the trash out to the dumpster/to the trash barrel for pickup, or you need to play it safe and go through the trash. Two, if you haven’t found it yet, check every load of laundry closely before putting the load in the washing machine. It could be sitting between two dirty towels or the changed bedsheets.
Best of luck.

I was decluttering and tossed it on the floor by the desk and to the recycling. Unless it’s buried there! I dug around. It’s not by the sink and unless it’s buried upstairs in my bathroom somewhere. I was decluttering my counter and didn’t find it! I didn’t think I went that far! Just decluttering to see if I can find it!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I was decluttering and tossed it on the floor by the desk and to the recycling. Unless it’s buried there! I dug around. It’s not by the sink and unless it’s buried upstairs in my bathroom somewhere. I was decluttering my counter and didn’t find it! I didn’t think I went that far! Just decluttering to see if I can find it!

Did you check the garbage disposal?

Do you have cats ? Did it fall behind the desk ? Next to the chair ? How about pants or apron pockets ?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Did you check the garbage disposal?

Do you have cats ? Did it fall behind the desk ? Next to the chair ? How about pants or apron pockets ?

If not found by now I think your suggestions are good. It’s either in a place that by chance is the very last place to be checked (tight against a nightstand leg) or the extra deep dive is needed. The garbage disposal, dog or cat, any children that are 2 or 3 and just figuring out they can pick up-move stuff, every trash or recycle bin, in that suspended animation inside a recliner chair(somehow below the cushions but not hitting the floor/stuck in the reclining mechanism).
These losses in the house can drive you crazy. 6 months later you find it and say “damn here is where it’s been! :))

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ha ! my iphone regularly hides in plain sight ! I would have suggested you didn’t move a thing until you had looked at everything three times, it’s all too easy to cover up what you are looking for by moving stuff around !

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I found my AirPod, which I knew was over there but I was laying in bed and it fell behind my nightstand. I found my daughters nail polish….not the blame watch! I did check my recliner today! Again! Nope!

I really do miss it! It was really convenient and I lose track counting laps!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I know how frustrating this can be. I'm kind of bad about misplacing my iphone and/or airpods. It won't help now, but in the future it is easy to avoid misplacing your watch when washing the dishes. Either A) leave the watch on (it's essentially waterproof) or B) don't wash the dishes.

You're welcome. :biggrin:

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I know how frustrating this can be. I'm kind of bad about misplacing my iphone and/or airpods. It won't help now, but in the future it is easy to avoid misplacing your watch when washing the dishes. Either A) leave the watch on (it's essentially waterproof) or B) don't wash the dishes.

You're welcome. :biggrin:

🤣 but I thought I was to avoid soap. I totally wear it in the pool! I may end up setting up a special spot for it! Not washing dishes doesn’t work. They just pile up and I have no more babies.

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I hid the TV remote from my kids, because they were grounded, and we haven't found it yet!, BTW, did I mention I did that 30 years ago.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I hid the TV remote from my kids, because they were grounded, and we haven't found it yet!, BTW, did I mention I did that 30 years ago.

Have you looked in the freezer?

giphy.gif

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You wont believe it! It spent the winter in the backyard! I started getting notifications last week and I kept trying to ping it! It was still at home. I was asking my family. Well hubs had found it mowing and it destroyed the case and my charm band. 😢 They frantically tried to turn off FMD and my oldest dodged my questions while they ordered me a new band and presented it to me yesterday! It has a couple scratches praise God survived the winter and the mower! All I can think is I was about to take it off and I had to take the puppy out! I would have never thought outside! I got the 3 refurb a couple years ago to see if I would like it. I upgraded just Prime Day to a 7! I .have.missed.this.thing! I was outright annoyed! Working out without it with my progress and getting texts from my kids without digging in my wristlet for my phone! I wanted it before I started traveling! And praise God here it is! I’m so thankful it’s back and survived the mower! Here’s the happy reunion! Thanks for playing! All charged up and ready for todays workout!

Attachments

• 4F0AA038-A1FB-47ED-B396-7FA75AB20223.jpeg
    4F0AA038-A1FB-47ED-B396-7FA75AB20223.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 15
  • C59D7CAA-5E07-4EFB-8ADF-776458D2A899.jpeg
    C59D7CAA-5E07-4EFB-8ADF-776458D2A899.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members