Find My iPhone is not correspond with my Apple ID HELP! URGENT

Alex Teo

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Recently, i update my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 without an UDID registration and i register my apple id with the phone. After that the apple id is been hacked after a short period of time and then i downgrade back to IOS 6. After the process of downgrading, i have encountered where the activation of the iphone needed the apple id. So i called the apple support team, and they manage to get back the apple id for me. But the apple id was totally reset by the apple support team. I tried to activate the iphone by entering the apple id where i just retrieved back, but unfortunately it state that 'this apple id cannot unlock this phone'. I tried so many ways and i just cant find a solution on it. I think is issue is got to be relate to find my iphone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Recently, i update my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 without an UDID registration and i register my apple id with the phone. After that the apple id is been hacked after a short period of time and then i downgrade back to IOS 6. After the process of downgrading, i have encountered where the activation of the iphone needed the apple id. So i called the apple support team, and they manage to get back the apple id for me. But the apple id was totally reset by the apple support team. I tried to activate the iphone by entering the apple id where i just retrieved back, but unfortunately it state that 'this apple id cannot unlock this phone'. I tried so many ways and i just cant find a solution on it. I think is issue is got to be relate to find my iphone.

The Apple ID is required to reset/bypass the new security features of iOS 7, specifically the Activation Lock. Since the Apple ID has been completely reset, it?s possible that your phone does not recognize that Apple ID as the account that was associated with your install of iOS 7. Contacting Apple will be your only option at this point... and since you were an unauthorized user of iOS 7 beta software (as you pointed out, a non-registered UDID), they may choose not to assist. It?s just one of many situations that could arise from using unauthorized software... but I get it that at this point, a lecture is not what you want or need.

Good luck with Apple. Hopefully they can/will assist.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're experiencing one of the new security features in iOS 7, one which requires the phone to be activated with the previous Apple ID in cases like this. I'm not going to sit and lecture you about the iOS 7 upgrade you did improperly (because you're well aware of it now in your scenario, lol)...the truth is, you're probably SOL from what I've read online, and this might give you more insight into why (as apparently, a group directed to TRY to bypass this function hasn't been successful yet)...

Security experts contracted to attempt to bypass iOS 7′s Activation Lock feature

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Apple ID is required to reset/bypass the new security features of iOS 7, specifically the Activation Lock. Since the Apple ID has been completely reset, it’s possible that your phone does not recognize that Apple ID as the account that was associated with your install of iOS 7. Contacting Apple will be your only option at this point... and since you were an unauthorized user of iOS 7 beta software (as you pointed out, a non-registered UDID), they may choose not to assist. It’s just one of many situations that could arise from using unauthorized software... but I get it that at this point, a lecture is not what you want or need.

Good luck with Apple. Hopefully they can/will assist.

Damn you and your quicker response...lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So the only way is to get help from apple? will this problem resolve if the officially IOS 7 is out?

This isn't a problem...this is a FUNCTION. And no, I highly doubt this will be "fixed" with the official release because it will still very well be a feature of iOS 7. This isn't some glitch in the system, your phone is functioning exactly as it should be, locking you out because you're not able to restore it properly...it essentially thinks the phone has been stolen and someone is attempting to activate it under another Apple ID.

And yes, you will need to get help from Apple...but don't be surprised if they tell you "tough luck", because you had no business upgrading to iOS 7, and now it bit you in the a$$.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the process to reset the password on the AppleID used on the phone to install the beta not work? It should be such that Apple may need to make it possible for the AppleID in question to use the password reset/recovery process and go on from there... or am I trying to make this too simple?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does the process to reset the password on the AppleID used on the phone to install the beta not work? It should be such that Apple may need to make it possible for the AppleID in question to use the password reset/recovery process and go on from there... or am I trying to make this too simple?

If I understood his first comment correctly, it seems his account has been migrated (by Apple no less) to a new I.D., which would (assumably) require him to have it reverted back by Apple as well (since I'm guessing the old Apple ID would no longer be connected to his account, even if the password reset was functional).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If I understood his first comment correctly, it seems his account has been migrated (by Apple no less) to a new I.D., which would (assumably) require him to have it reverted back by Apple as well (since I'm guessing the old Apple ID would no longer be connected to his account, even if the password reset was functional).

That was my take on the situation, as well. The OP is stuck in a loop that says "enter the info" and the info that he needs, no longer exists. Tough lesson to be learned here. Nancy Sinatra said it best "You've been messin' where you shouldn't have been a messin'...".

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So the only way is to get help from apple? will this problem resolve if the officially IOS 7 is out?

Yes. They hold all the keys in this situation.

No. Without Apple's help, you can’t get there from here - even after iOS 7 is officially released. This is how the function is supposed to work... and from what I’ve seen written on the internet, there is NOT way around this process. That would defeat the whole security "thang".

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That was my take on the situation, as well. The OP is stuck in a loop that says "enter the info" and the info that he needs, no longer exists. Tough lesson to be learned here. Nancy Sinatra said it best "You've been messin' where you shouldn't have been a messin'...".
I find it hard to believe the phone is FUBAR... if Apple doesn't have some sort of means of making the phone usable to it's original owner - there's something FUBAR about their processes and procedures.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I find it hard to believe the phone is FUBAR... if Apple doesn't have some sort of means of making the phone usable to it's original owner - there's something FUBAR about their processes and procedures.

I hear you, Keith, and want to agree... but with everyone complaining about mobile device theft and wanting the vendors to do something about it, it’s time for drastic measures. I can’t help but think that Apple has built in a "back door" somewhere, but that alone would undermine the security of the feature. One thing is clear, the OP is totally screwed at this point. And perhaps Apple can assist. Hopefully they will also be willing to help. Otherwise, the OP is now the poster boy for issues with unauthorized iOS beta release usage.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I think the biggest issue here is not that there is no work around...it's that he prematurely took a step that might have got him stuck, by switching the Apple ID. And I really think Apple could pretty easily revert the ID back the way it was and with a password reset, this could probably all be effectively "fixed", but it will require Apple to do so most likely.

And not to call out the OP, but the situation seems awfully strange...kind of like having the toilet clogged and having the city come out and replace the sewer pipes around your house before trying to unclog the toilet. Seems sketchy, but oh well...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro