Finally got my phone ordered after upgrade hell.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I finaly was able to reorder my phone after 4 days of what I can only describe as tech support hell. Trying to get ATT to reset my upgrade after canceling my initial order. What's funny is I go to the ATT store, they tell me they don't know what's the problem. I waited there for about a hour and a half for them to tell me that the only way they could figure out how to get my upgrade back is to submit a error ticket or something and it'll take up to 14 days to resolve. Apparently appke wasn't communicating the order was canceled or it was ATT and their screwed system. Either way I said that was unacceptable and I then went to the Apple Store. Lady there was very helpful (to be fair so we're the ATT reps) but even after her calling her ATT rep I still couldn't get it resolved. She then suggested I come in Friday (today) and speak with their special ATT rep that's on hand for the launch.

First, let me say I have never experienced a iPhone launch before. The only launches I've ever done were console launches or waiting in line for Black Friday sales.

This not only blew any of those experiences out of the water, but wasn't even in the same body of water. It was by far the longest line I've ever seen. There were lines just to LOOK at the phones!

It's amazing because I don't think any other company, phone maker, or business could get turn outs like this. I can't think of one. And it's staggering to think how much apple is going to make of these devices. Some cynics will call this lemming herd behavior, but clearly apple is doing something right. Do you think anyone lined up like this for a Microsoft product or android product? Highly doubtful.

Anyway, long story short I talked to the rep and he was able to fix in about 20 minutes what ATT couldnt over about 4 days. Wow.

So yeah, launch was mind boggling, ATT tech support sucks, and my iPhone 6 won't be here till early or mid October. Also, be careful about canceling online phone orders I guess.

(Side note: I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone for the plus, but after messing around a bit with both I just thought the plus was too big to use outside the home. Are games noticeably more engaging on the 6's screen? That was one thing I thought would be good about the plus. )

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you had to endure that, but I agree on several points. Apple is awesome and does product launches like no other company can. The Samsung ads bash the "sheeple" for waiting in line and "camping" overnight, but they could only ever dream about that kind of buzz and than kind of sales figures.

And the AT&T support staff is beyond useless most of the time. Historically whenever I?ve faced and issue I?ve been able to find the answers on these (and other) forums. Unfortunately, there are some things that you just have to deal with them about. Sucks, but it?s true.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry you had to endure that, but I agree on several points. Apple is awesome and does product launches like no other company can. The Samsung ads bash the "sheeple" for waiting in line and "camping" overnight, but they could only ever dream about that kind of buzz and than kind of sales figures.

And the AT&T support staff is beyond useless most of the time. Historically whenever I?ve faced and issue I?ve been able to find the answers on these (and other) forums. Unfortunately, there are some things that you just have to deal with them about. Sucks, but it?s true.

It just amazes me because it seemed like a easy thing to fix and even the manager at the store didn't know what the hell to do. It shouldn't even have happened. I cancel a order, I get my upgrade back. Simple, no?

Anyway, I'm hoping my phone comes earlier. Still debating if I should have gotten the plus, but the 6 just fit my hand so perfectly in comparison.,