Finally did it...upgraded to the 6s

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So I"ve had my trusty 4s since it first came out in Novermber 2011. It's been jailbroke for as long as I can remember-- I love that phone. The wife has been an Samsung Galaxy fan for several years, and has gone through the S2, SII and S4, until her S4 started acting up. So this past weekend she tells me that come February she's getting enough of a raise to pay the monthly fee for us to BOTH get new phones! So I'm the proud owner of a new, space gray, 64gb 6s! She upgrade to the Note 5 (which she loves).

Gotta say, I simply LOVE this phone. Compared with the 4s, this this is so freak'n fast it's almost scary. Que the happy dance music... Updated to iOS9.2 the other day and love it.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy... It will be night and day different for you and congrats on the Wife's increase :)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Really is a difference from the the 4s I can only imagine. I went from the 5 to the 6 as that is the cycle I am on and noticed a difference, probably not as much as you. Take you a while to get use to some of the features you did not have though, but once you do, you will wonder why you waited so long.

Well enjoy that new phone and I am sure you will be doing that happy dance for some time to come. Congrats to your wife as well!:yes:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all.. still getting used to the larger size of the device though, but am loving the 3D Touch and have been trying to find a store that does Apple-Pay so I can try THAT feature out..lol... There are things though that I still love about my JB'd phone, like the ability to put more than 4 icons on the bottom row...

I cant seem to get the "double-tap on the home button to bring the top of the screen into reach" option under Settings/General/Accessibility.. I have "Reachability" turned on, but when I double press the home button it brings up list of open apps...

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all.. still getting used to the larger size of the device though, but am loving the 3D Touch and have been trying to find a store that does Apple-Pay so I can try THAT feature out..lol... There are things though that I still love about my JB'd phone, like the ability to put more than 4 icons on the bottom row...

I cant seem to get the "double-tap on the home button to bring the top of the screen into reach" option under Settings/General/Accessibility.. I have "Reachability" turned on, but when I double press the home button it brings up list of open apps...

It's a double tap. Don't actually press it down. Just touch it quickly twice in a row if you get what I mean.

Will you be jailbreaking the 6s when it's available? I've thought about it, but it's pretty awesome as is. I don't feel a huge need to mess with it, though it might be fun.

Enjoy your huge upgrade!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

It's a double tap. Don't actually press it down. Just touch it quickly twice in a row if you get what I mean.

Will you be jailbreaking the 6s when it's available? I've thought about it, but it's pretty awesome as is. I don't feel a huge need to mess with it, though it might be fun.

Enjoy your huge upgrade!

Ah I see! Nice. Thank you. Thought it was messed up.

As for jailbreak. Yup. As soon as a public jb is available for iOS 9.2 I'm all over it (or whatever iOS it turns out to be)

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Congrats on the new phone! It's a MAJOR upgrade from the 4s for sure! For Apple Pay, if you're in the U.S. you can try Subway. I've dashed in for a soda and some cookies and Apple Pay made it quick. Make sure you have fingerprints set as well (I have 4 set to make it easy, but mostly use my right thumb)

Here's a list of stores so far for Apple Pay:

Apple Pay - Apple

Double click to bring up apps, double tap to access what you're looking for. It's more of a touch on the button than a tap even. Double tap again to get it back the way it was.