Filter unknown senders not working

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not on the beta, but have also been receiving spam messages. Of course, I did not have Filter Unknown Senders toggled on, until just now. It will be interesting to see if this makes a difference. I'll report back as soon as I have something to share.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I found the issue. You have to also go to messages, notifications, customize notifications and turn “unknown senders” to off.

Now let’s see if I’m interrupted by these losers!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So I'm happy so far with how it's sorting notifications and separating the unknown from the known. I can still easily see the unknown, so I won't miss potentially important messages!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I found the issue. You have to also go to messages, notifications, customize notifications and turn “unknown senders” to off.

Now let’s see if I’m interrupted by these losers!
I'm with you on filtering spammers out, but with so many places using text for 2-factor authentication won't turning on "unknown senders" affect that?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm with you on filtering spammers out, but with so many places using text for 2-factor authentication won't turning on "unknown senders" affect that?

It doesn’t block them, it sends them to the unknown senders folder and doesn’t produce a notification. That way you are not bothered by unwanted texts but can see any you are expecting.
I hope that makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox