Field Test Mode

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have the iPhone 7 & the SE, Both on IOS 10.3.1. I can get to Field Test Mode with *3001#12345#* hit dial then force out by power button to slide to shut off pops up and then hold home button to screen comes back. Thus works all the time on my SE but recently after 10.3.1 my iPhone 7 won't allow it. I'm trying to get the dBm read out on my iPhone 7. Have it on my SE. ANY IDEAS. THANKS
Vinny

William Hetrick

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried to do it and hold the power button and the volume button at the same time to do a hard restart and see if that works. I've got it on mine and I have the update 10.3.2

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
When I dial the code it takes me to a page labeled Main Menu. It has Device Info with LTE, UMTS & GSM. No dBm. My SE takes me right to page labeled Field Test.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you enter the number and characters correctly, and follow the directions in this article.
http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/20/field-test-mode-iphone-signal-strength-numbers/

Thanks, That's the code I've been using. I also have the SE on 10.3.1, I have no issues with that phone. I have my signal bars in dBm mode. After my update to 10.3.1 my iPhone 7 when I dial that code doesn't take me to page reading Field Test, the page reads Main Menu. I've had this phone in Field Test Mode with my signal reading -dbm 71. Instead of the 5 dots + Carrier. It must be the 10.3.1 update. Any ideas are welcomed. Thank You, Vinny

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, That's the code I've been using. I also have the SE on 10.3.1, I have no issues with that phone. I have my signal bars in dBm mode. After my update to 10.3.1 my iPhone 7 when I dial that code doesn't take me to page reading Field Test, the page reads Main Menu. I've had this phone in Field Test Mode with my signal reading -dbm 71. Instead of the 5 dots + Carrier. It must be the 10.3.1 update. Any ideas are welcomed. Thank You, Vinny

My iPhone 5 is on 10.3.1, and it shows the numeric value fine. My 6s Plus is on 10.1.1, and it shows ok. Are you sure you're getting the number correct. Many tend to omit one of the *. Did you read and follow the directions in the article?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dial *3001#12345#*

When you enter the menu, wait a few seconds and then exit. The signal bars will automatically return.

Trismus

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Fightcrazy I have the same problem, also have an iPhone 7 with 10.3.1.

I put in the numbers, get power off screen, hold home button, but no change still have the bars (dots) instead of -db reading.

Can't find anyone with a solution, guess it's too niche a problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Fightcrazy I have the same problem, also have an iPhone 7 with 10.3.1.

I put in the numbers, get power off screen, hold home button, but no change still have the bars (dots) instead of -db reading.

Can't find anyone with a solution, guess it's too niche a problem.

Look at the link I posted in post #4 . Be sure you include the * in the number. There are 2. That's where most mess up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I too have a 7 plus and it doesn't work. It's not user error. It does take you to field test menu. It just doesn't show the dB's.

Last week I disabled mine by mistake. When I tried to enable it again, it didn't work. The dots showed. So I started tapping on it in the status bar, and it finally showed the numeric value.

FuzzNiner

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Last week I disabled mine by mistake. When I tried to enable it again, it didn't work. The dots showed. So I started tapping on it in the status bar, and it finally showed the numeric value.

What kind of phone do you have? After some googling, I've found that it's a known thing that it doesn't show the numerical value on the iphone 7 and 7 plus w/iOS 10.3.x. You have to use a similar but different method. It works on every other iPhone version except the iphone 7/7plus. iPhone 7's have a different menu for field test mode and the signal bars do not change to the decibels.

For iPhone 7 & 7 plus, go to "Serving Cell Meas" under the LTE menu and you will see your decibels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHvDK3_IRk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What kind of phone do you have? After some googling, I've found that it's a known thing that it doesn't show the numerical value on the iphone 7 and 7 plus w/iOS 10.3.x. You have to use a similar but different method. It works on every other iPhone version except the iphone 7/7plus. iPhone 7's have a different menu for field test mode and the signal bars do not change to the decibels.

For iPhone 7 & 7 plus, go to "Serving Cell Meas" under the LTE menu and you will see your decibels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHvDK3_IRk

6s Plus on 10.1.1. Good find!

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Dial *3001#12345#*

When you enter the menu, wait a few seconds and then exit. The signal bars will automatically return.

Bro, sorry. This doesn't work. The signal bars "might return" if you press on the db values. However, it's only temporary.

My iPhone 7 has been stuck showing the dB strength and I can't return it back to default unless I do a factory restore. If there is another way that you guys have tried and actually works, please share.

Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh