Few questions about iPhone

I

iMore Question

Contemplating moving to iPhone. Few questions though. I tried to do a search and there was either too MUCH or not enough answers.

1) Can you set a specific notification tone per email box and contact? I have about 10 email boxes on my current device. I would like to hear a different tone to distinguish between the different email boxes. I also want a different tone when I get emails from specific contacts.

2) How good is the integration with MS Office? Are there MS apps for the Office suite? Outlook/Exchange calendaring? Lync or MS messaging?

3) What about VPN? IPSEC?

Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes
2. Integration is quote good, in my opinion. There's MS OneNote, MS Office for mobile 365 and other third-part apps that integrates well with MS Office. Yes, in regard to Outlook/Exchange. I don't know about Lync or MS messaging other than the typical chat apps that works with MSN chat.

3. Yes to VPN/IPSEC

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Contemplating moving to iPhone. Few questions though. I tried to do a search and there was either too MUCH or not enough answers.

1) Can you set a specific notification tone per email box and contact? I have about 10 email boxes on my current device. I would like to hear a different tone to distinguish between the different email boxes. I also want a different tone when I get emails from specific contacts.

2) How good is the integration with MS Office? Are there MS apps for the Office suite? Outlook/Exchange calendaring? Lync or MS messaging?

3) What about VPN? IPSEC?

Thanks in advance.
I would be happy to pick up a few of these....Yes you can for both.

MS office is so - so but I would prefer to use the native apps for IOS.

VPN= Virtual Private Network and IPSEC= Internet Protocol security.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPsec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VPN

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner