Felt a mild electric current when iPad is plugged in

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPad 6 that I got last month. And when it's plugged in, I feel a tingling current when I touch the home button. I don't feel anything when I touch anywhere else on the screen.
I have felt it every time it was plugged in and I touched the home button. But I wanted to make sure, so I turned off the power and touched the home button, I felt nothing. Then I turned the power back on, and touched the home button again. I clearly felt a mild current this time. So yes, I'm getting a mild tingling sensation when I touch the home button. I wonder if it is normal?
I googled it, and from what it seems, I'm not the only one. But! I read that others mostly feel a mild shock when they run their hands on the back of the iPad/iPhone. Since I have a case on, I didn't check if I'm getting the same tingling sensation when I touch the back of my iPad. I did touch the sides though (the aluminium part), and I felt nothing.
My question is, is it normal that I feel a mild current when I touch the home button when the device is plugged in?

It is changing normally, and is working just fine. Battery backup is normal too. And I don't feel anything when it's off charger. But I do feel a mild shock when it's plugged in.
What I'm worried about it, I'm supposed to feel it (if at all) when I touch the back of the device, not when I touch the home button. So, is it normal?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Feeling an electric current on the outside of your device, regardless of where you’re touching, is not normal. Take your iPad into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Feeling an electric current on the outside of your device, regardless of where you’re touching, is not normal. Take your iPad into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.

Weird. I contacted Apple support, and they called me. They told me that it's normal. They said, since my iPad is otherwise working fine, not heating up, battery backup is normal, etc, I don't need to worry about the mild electric current that I'm feeling when it's plugged in.
Is it really normal?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods