Feelings on the headphone jack (or lack of) changed?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not at all! I don't mind it being gone. All my headphones have been BT for years, plus when I'm driving my older car I can just use the adapter to listen to music.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I’d be okay if it were still there but I’m okay with it gone. I have a few adapters that I keep around but I rarely use them.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t miss it at all. I have quickly adapted to the lack of it and haven’t even used the adapter in almost 9 months now.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Comforting to read that most people have taken to the lack of headphone jack, Im still using an iPhone 6s and have yet to go through the "pain" but am waiting for this next iPhone release to upgrade.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Here I was today at work at my desk. I wanted to listen to a Podcast. My phone was at 30%. I realized I had forgotten my AirPods at home but I had a pair of headphones.

But wait...my phone is at 30%. And I need it charged by the time I leave work as I won't be able to charge it for a while once I leave. So I had to make a decision that on previous devices I never had to make. Charge OR plug headphones in?

I decided to do the responsible thing and charge my phone. I hate having to make this decision in 2017. I don't care how I've adopted prior to this point...there will always be moments where that headphone jack came in handy.

Guess I should go dongle shopping.

Oh well.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Here I was today at work at my desk. I wanted to listen to a Podcast. My phone was at 30%. I realized I had forgotten my AirPods at home but I had a pair of headphones.

But wait...my phone is at 30%. And I need it charged by the time I leave work as I won't be able to charge it for a while once I leave. So I had to make a decision that on previous devices I never had to make. Charge OR plug headphones in?

I decided to do the responsible thing and charge my phone. I hate having to make this decision in 2017. I don't care how I've adopted prior to this point...there will always be moments where that headphone jack came in handy.

Guess I should go dongle shopping.

Oh well.

I feel like if rumors of wireless charging in the next iPhone are true this would go a long way to alleviating these issues.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel like if rumors of wireless charging in the next iPhone are true this would go a long way to alleviating these issues.

That'd be great as sometimes I forget to charge my headphones or I simply forget them. Complaining about it does nothing as I made the choice to purchase this phone. But I still miss my headphone jack sometimes.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That'd be great as sometimes I forget to charge my headphones or I simply forget them. Complaining about it does nothing as I made the choice to purchase this phone. But I still miss my headphone jack sometimes.

Agree I miss the old days when you could just plug headphones in and not worry about them being charged.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I still hate that it's gone. I've used wireless charging on phones going back four years, and so on my iPhones (6S Plus, 7 Plus) I've used a Qi charging case, and now a Qi charging sticker with a case to get wireless charging on my iPhone. With the headphone jack being gone I've had to purchase some cheap bluetooth receivers and attach my wired headphones to them to keep using the headphones I already own and like. Constantly unplugging the Qi charging sticker in order to use headphones isn't a good option, as the cable to the charging sticker isn't rugged enough to handle the repeated stress.

If Apple builds wireless charging into the next iPhone I'll consider the 7 Plus's lack of headphone jack AND lack of wireless charging to be just a blip on an otherwise usable line of.