Feedback on Lockdown Pro?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
This looks like a potentially useful tweak. Anyone used this and what did you think? Any alternative apps that you prefer instead?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I installed the lite version today I really like. I actually emailed the developer today to ask him if he has a twitter feed so that I could promote it for him. He doesn't but got right back to me. Instead of locking individual apps I've put all the Apps I want to keep private into one folder and just locked folder, that way you don't have to unlock a App every time you want to switch back to a open App in the switcher.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
There are some apps which claims to protect your informations... but I personally think Lockdown Pro ist the best among them!

• It works perfectly, fast and easy.
  • You can set a pasword to lock apps or folders.
  • You can also just hide apps. Hidden and/or locked apps can't be found trough Spotlight. Hidden apps can't be found or launched (exception: if you use activator or similar, which launches apps without the app icon).
  • You can also use individual passwords for different apps/folders, which are locked.
  • You can use a list with all apps and folders where you can select and lock/unlock them. You can also lock/unlock them right on your Homescreen. If you're in the wiggle mode, every app gets a small lock icon, which you can hit to lock/unlock.
  • You can turn the whole lock on and off with an activator gesture. The previous version had a SBSettings toggle, but it's not compatible with the recent version. I mailed the developer, he said he's working on it.

If you still have some questions; just ask :D
I can also make some screenshots If you want to ;)

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I emailed the developer today, all of the locked apps or folders can be bypassed by asking Siri to open it. He doesn't use Siri so he was unaware of this is going to fix it and post an update.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also don't use Siri, so I also didn't given it a thought, but you're right, that's a security hole :eek:

Thank you for mailing him and reporting :)

ψ(`∇?)ψ

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, Applocker has a handy (optional) feature that unlocks all locked apps once you unlock a single one. So, for instance, if I have Clock, Maps, and Mail locked, I can unlock Mail with my password and it unlocks Clock and Maps too. Then, all the apps are re-locked when you put the phone to sleep.

Siri, gestures, or outside links cannot open the app without first having to enter the password, and each app is lockable separately with separate passwords, if you so desire.

Jaydeep Vora

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Which Applocker is good???
As i found many on cydia.
What is the difference between Applocker cracked and other Applocker?
As i saw following Applocker tweaks available at Cydia :
1. Applocker 2.1.6 by BiteYourApple
2. Applocker 2.1.6 by HackYourIphone
3. Applocker 2.1.6 by Insanelyi by cjori
4. Applocker 2.1.6 by modmyi.com by cjori
5. Applocker Cracked 2.1.4

I found those 5 Applocker, One of them is Cracked.

So my question is
1. Which Applocker should i get?
2. What is the difference between Applocker cracked and other Applocker Tweaks?

I also heared about Lockdown Pro.

Please guide me.

Thank You.

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
#4 is what I have. "Cracked" apps are apps that normal would cost you something, but someone has made them available for free, which is not a practice I participate in, and is severely frowned upon by honest jailbreakers.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Which Applocker is good???
As i found many on cydia.
What is the difference between Applocker cracked and other Applocker?
As i saw following Applocker tweaks available at Cydia :
1. Applocker 2.1.6 by BiteYourApple
2. Applocker 2.1.6 by HackYourIphone
3. Applocker 2.1.6 by Insanelyi by cjori
4. Applocker 2.1.6 by modmyi.com by cjori
5. Applocker Cracked 2.1.4

I found those 5 Applocker, One of them is Cracked.

So my question is
1. Which Applocker should i get?
2. What is the difference between Applocker cracked and other Applocker Tweaks?

I also heared about Lockdown Pro.

Please guide me.

Thank You.
Looking at your sources, #4 is your only legitimate option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73