Favorites in iOS4, how do you access?

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I know in 3.0 and before you would double tap the home button to quickly access your favorites and initiate a phone call. Now that the double tap is set to "multitasking", is there another way to quickly access your favorites?

11201ny

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I know in 3.0 and before you would double tap the home button to quickly access your favorites and initiate a phone call. Now that the double tap is set to "multitasking", is there another way to quickly access your favorites?

I guess the way Favorites will work now is by opening them in the Phone tab of the iPhone and keeping it open in Multitask.

It only adds a step, though still a bit of a goofy move on the part of Apple.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that there will be enough of an outcry that more "widgets" will be added to the multitasking area, namely "Phone Favorites" and "Camera".

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I use the double-click method to reach my favorites constantly. I can't believe this is gone. I will wait for a jailbreak app to fix this before I upgrade.

11201ny

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the double-click method to reach my favorites constantly. I can't believe this is gone. I will wait for a jailbreak app to fix this before I upgrade.

I also used to use the favorites all the time. In ahonesty though, the multitasking method isn't bad at all... change is good ;)

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
All my favorites are on my homescreen. One click and there they are.
I never used the favorites screen, so I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I just leave my Phone app on the favorites tab. When I click on Phone on my home screen or in the app switcher it starts up right at the favorites tab, either one or two taps. I use it more now that I did on my 3GS, honestly. I don't see it as that big a deal, but I guess that's just me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remona94B9