Favorite iPhone 3.0 Feature?

rysmithaz

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Spotlight is my favorite. Before I had to to my laptop to find emails. I can't search now. I can send picture messages. I can remember or write it twice.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Spotlight search for me, with push notifications not far behind.

And just what is Bad Ash's feature? He started the thread and never answered his own question!

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Landscape keyboard for emails. I usually have long emails, and I think it will make it easier to compose them.
2nd is Cut-n-Copy-n-Paste, or Bluetooth peer to peer (Say goodbye to battery life)

GO RED WINGS!!!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Well, when I watched the video, he said five apps were searchable with Spotlight (Calendar, Notes, Contacts, Mail, and iPod), which is wonderful. But that leaves out Safari Bookmarks, Maps (Recents and Bookmarks), and Photos (those with names from iPhoto) not showing up in the results as well. Or do they? Seems a bit odd and incomplete if they don't.

I think you are correct. Just seems like "everything", but I guess there are some thing that aren't included.

crystalline

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
My favorite feature is Cut, Copy, and Paste. I've been waiting for this feature ever since getting my Touch. I will gladly pay for the 3.0 upgrade to get this.

I'm also glad to see that they will be adding landscape typing for Mail. Now I won't have to use EasyWriter anymore for that feature.

Now they just need to make the App Store easier to navigate, and I will be one thoroughly happy camper.

Rockstar516

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
Out of all the features 3.0 has to offer I think push notification is the best. I has a sidekick before my iPhone and I was always on aim I miss that. And the notification from 3rd party apps seems cool too.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Out of all the features 3.0 has to offer I think push notification is the best. I has a sidekick before my iPhone and I was always on aim I miss that. And the notification from 3rd party apps seems cool too.

Push will be nice, but it only solves half the problem. Still need background apps, even if it's just one at a time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Spotlight search for me, with push notifications not far behind.

And just what is Bad Ash's feature? He started the thread and never answered his own question!

Hmmm, I'd have to say cut/copy/paste. Which is weird because I never really missed not having this before but I think just the way Apple did it made it really stand out for me. Especially being able to copy multiple pictures to put into a single email. Nice...

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'm really not sure. I've only needed copy/paste only once or twice. Spotlight isn't a big deal for me, but nice to have.

I think I'm more excited to see what the developers come up with now they have 2,000+ APIs.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, I'd have to say cut/copy/paste. Which is weird because I never really missed not having this before but I think just the way Apple did it made it really stand out for me. Especially being able to copy multiple pictures to put into a single email. Nice...

Lol... stole my answer. I told you that you'd come around. :D

inkedgeek

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I would have to say its the MMS feature or the push notifications feature. I use bejive and its just so much to keep checking to see if you have an IM after you leave the app maybe its just my laziness.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to see the 3.0 keynote. I heard copy and paste is on it's way. I've been so busy with work. I've been outta the loop! What's in the new 3.0 update?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to see the 3.0 keynote. I heard copy and paste is on it's way. I've been so busy with work. I've been outta the loop! What's in the new 3.0 update?

It would probably be better to just watch the event and read an article than have us try to tell you all the new features?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative