Fast Charge with Apple AC adapter and cable (double sound)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi All - Is anyone using fast charge with Apple accessories? Whenever I plug in my iPhone X it makes the charging sound twice in a row. It doesn’t do that with the wireless charging or a normal lightning charger. Wanted to see if this was normal or if I should look into exchanging the cable/adapter?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is use an iPad charging clock , but I don’t get the double sound you mentioned.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I use usb C quickcharge with my iPad Pro. I just plugged in my X. Only made the sound once. I can confirm that there is no double charging sound with quickcharge.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I did have this problem once before with my 7 plus. It turned out that there was a tiny piece of lint in my charging port. Once removed it went back to normal.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I use usb C quickcharge with my iPad Pro. I just plugged in my X. Only made the sound once. I can confirm that there is no double charging sound with quickcharge.

Thanks for confirming! My standard Apple charger works without a problem, so I’m thinking it’s probably the cable or adapter. I just got them on Friday and this was my first time using them. I’ll be near an Apple store next weekend - I’ll swap them out then. Thanks again!

oben02

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for confirming! My standard Apple charger works without a problem, so I’m thinking it’s probably the cable or adapter. I just got them on Friday and this was my first time using them. I’ll be near an Apple store next weekend - I’ll swap them out then. Thanks again!

Hi, I have the double sound but only when I plug the iPhone (X) when lock. If I plug when I’m using it I have only one sound

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the Apple 29W USB-C and the Apple USB-C to lightning 2m cable and it's doing this same exact thing.

I only used this setup twice and quit using it. Something is just not right and I don't want to damage my new iPhone X.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This happens to my X when I use my 61W USB-C power brick. I’m not sure if it happens while iPhone is locked or not. I can confirm this doesn’t happen when I use my 10W USB to Lightning charger. Thought it was weird but haven’t given it a second thought till I read this. Just thought it was part of USB-C charging.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Qualcomm USB-C quick charge car charger and have never used it, wonder if it’s the same double sound there. Haven’t been in the car long enough to warrant plugging in since battery life has been awesome for me

CA808

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
Actually, I can confirm that I also get the two notification sounds when connecting my iPhone X to the Apple 29W adapter using the Apple USB-C to Lightning cable. I believe this is normal behavior.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR