Fantastical 2 for Mac review: The calendar app you've been waiting for

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
fantastical-mac-main-hero.jpg

Fantastical 2 is a full screen calendar replacement for Mac with an all new design for OS X Yosemite and all new features that you won't find anywhere else.
ecbadge.png

A Notification Center widget, faster and more reliable sync, full time zone support, and "calendar sets" round out the highlights. Taken together, they make Fantastical far more than a menu bar companion to OS X's built in Calendar app ? they make it a full-on calendar app in its own right.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I love Fantastical - I have it on every Mac and iPhone/iPad that I (and my household) own. But $40 for a calendar app is extremely excessive. I understand the concept of "sustainable pricing", and wish more devs charged more realistic prices for their wares in order to allow them to stay in business. But $40 for a calendar app is over the top. I will "make do" with the earlier version of Fantastical - it's still a great app.

EDIT: I just discovered that the $40 price tag is AFTER they gave you 20% discount for the launch. That means they want $50 for a calendar app? #brainexploded

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I think I paid $20 for the first Mac version. While I didn't expect it for free I would have shelled out another $20 for this version. No way at $40.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the app on the iPhone was looking forward to the new Mac app. I was hoping it would be $20 also. I'll have to stick with Fan1 on my Mac. I'll give the trial a try.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been checking out the trial and it's ok. I like the Calendar Sets feature. There's another Mac calendar app Busy Cal 2 which folks seem to love which is $49.99 that seems to have more features. I guess they wanted to price Fantastical 2 close to that.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73