Family sharing...."Notes"

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else agree they should have added "Notes" to family sharing..? I think it would be quite useful to be able to share notes with family members.

Sent via Tapatalk on my i6...

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree I think that would have been awesome. Reminders, notes, photos, calendar events all should have been default.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I share notes with my wife via iCloud.

Right. It is possible if each device shares the same iCloud account. I'm speaking of the new family sharing feature where each member with their own iCloud account can share photos, calendars, reminders.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Right. It is possible if each device shares the same iCloud account. I'm speaking of the new family sharing feature where each member with their own iCloud account can share photos, calendars, reminders.

Yeah, I know what you’re talking about.

You’re absolutely correct. Family Share allows you to share photos, calendars and reminders. If you want to share Notes, you have to use iCloud.

I thought I was pretty clear with my response. Maybe I stuttered.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know what you?re talking about.

Don't think I stuttered. My answer didn?t change. I share Notes via iCloud. BTW, I?m happy with that solution.

Glad that method is working for you. However, my question is specific to the "family sharing" feature.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Glad that method is working for you. However, my question is specific to the "family sharing" feature.

One option is to use the app "Phonto". You can use any color or size image
to write your notes. Then you can share them direct to iCloud Photo Sharing, which can be shared by family members. This option is not on the stock notes app. It works pretty good.
Phonto - Text on Photos by youthhr
https://appsto.re/us/zzEiA.i
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413084012.224050.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413084027.906686.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413084040.190158.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was excited for family sharing but after attempting to set it up and finding out all the limitations and everything its just easier to do what I have been doing and just share my id for iTunes and have family on their own iCloud for everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using an app called "anylist". We use it for grocery/shopping lists. Anytime my wife or I add and item it syncs to the other and we both always have an updated list. However, I always prefer to use Apple apps when possible which is why I thought the "notes" app would have been perfect for that.

gguthrie

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree. It's very puzzling that both notes AND contacts were left out. For now, my wife and I will use the same account but we'll leave the kids on the family share.

gguthrie

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
We normally used the Notes application for grocery lists and other recurring purchases (AC filter sizes, printer toner, etc.) but I might check out Reminders. Thanks for the suggestion.

RasmusBangPedersen

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I share notes with my wife via iCloud.

But to share notes via iCloud, for example with a family member, wife or so, you both have to be on the same AppleID? Or is it possible to share with other accounts?

This could really be usable feature to me and my brother, as we are running a business together, and therefor have to share plans, "to-do`s, ideas and so..

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I've recently started using OneNote and it works great. It keeps my notes on iPhone, iPod touch, and pc in sync and allows me to share any notebook with my brother. The shared notebook can be allowed to be edited by whoever you share it with or with just 'view only' permission. Try it. 😊

diggers253

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
You can share Notes even if not on the same icloud / apple ID.

Apple ID notes A - the one you want to share and Apple ID notes B is on - the device you are using,

On device B (that does not have access to the notes on device A) Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud, enter Apple ID A to create the account and then turn Notes on.

Thats is.

On device B - in Notes there is now a section under the Apple ID thats used on device A.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Family sharing...."Notes"

You can share Notes even if not on the same icloud / apple ID.

Apple ID notes A - the one you want to share and Apple ID notes B is on - the device you are using,

On device B (that does not have access to the notes on device A) Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account>iCloud, enter Apple ID A to create the account and then turn Notes on.

Thats is.

On device B - in Notes there is now a section under the Apple ID thats used on device A.

That's not a good solution at all. You're basically adding another phone to your iCloud account. Not cool!
You get only 3 iCloud accounts on your device.

Brian0074

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I think where this conversation went off the rails was at the beginning with the reference to Family Sharing. Family Sharing is an iTunes-related feature, where everyone in the group is treated equally - all have the same access. Calendar & Reminders provides the ability to share items with other individuals who are not in a group. Sharing Reminders enables both/all parties to edit the shared lists. Shared Calendars can be editable or view only.

I share some Reminders wth my wife (e.g. groceries) and share others with my daughter (research). I share some Calendars with my wife, and some calendars with both my wife and my daughter. I would really like to be able to share/merge Contacts with my wife, and to share Notes (both editable and view only options).

Note that in both kinds of sharing, the foundation is that each individual has his/her own Apple ID account, e-mail, and iCloud space.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods