Factory reset without losing jailbreak?

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am going to sell my old iPhone 4 which is jailbroken on 5.1.1. If I do a factory reset, to clear all my info out of the phone, it won't force me to upgrade to 6.0 will it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So what is the best way to clear out personal data and leave it jailbroken for the new owner?

I wouldn't buy a jailbroken device from a 3rd party... too much risk there might be some unknown malware or something else illicit left over from the previous owner... but that's just me. Just restore it to factory settings and let the new owner do as they wish.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If they want a jailbroken one, you can more than likely restore it to a clean 5.1.1 since you are already jailbroken and more than likely have 5.1.1 blobs...

d_la_roc

May 17, 2013
Visit site
A reset that you perform from the settings app to erase your data and settings does NOT remove your jailbreak. Only when you do a restore in iTunes or update your firmware will it remove your Jailbreak.

d_la_roc

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, apparently deleting all data and settings bricks your iPhone forcing you to restore in iTunes. You can however, delete just settings and it will be ok. I just delete all apps and go through stock apps to make sure im not signed in anywhere. Email, iTunes, appstore, etc..

naeemchaudary_123

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Please help me,

I have 3gs & update a application in CYDIA but Phone was hang and now Apple logo show at start up. Please help me how to recover. i am using through jail break.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox