Facial Recognition?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
With the new tap to focus feature on the iPhone 3GS, think we might see some sort of facial recognition firmware update at some point?

Given that probably most people use the camera for parties/group gatherings, that might be a nice feature to have.

Chris

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Just to give you a reply and my thoughts, I could see apple implementing a mobile version of their facial recognition software from iPhoto 09 into it. They're already geo tagging the photos for "Places".

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
It would be cool if they added it and it would put everyones photos in a different folder with there name for you.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 3GS does have facial recognition in that sense. It focuses first on the object it "thinks" you're trying to capture.

So I am guessing by this you mean what I am trying to take a picture of is always in the center? :)

I don't think it focuses on the center because it thinks that's what you're shooting, but more of because people tend to put their target in the middle. Being a freelance photographer I do tend to not always but my target in the middle so it doesn't always work like it should but the touch to focus is very nice if you have steady hands :)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone 3GS does have facial recognition in that sense. It focuses first on the object it "thinks" you're trying to capture.

But is that facial recognition, or simply focusing on the largest/closest object?

Real facial recognition will recognize a face, and stay focused on that face - even if you move the camera around or the person moves.

Chris

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah let me retract that. I thought it focused in the center or picked up a face. I haven't really taken any pics of people yet haha. Sorry for the confusion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro