FaceTime

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
So I've been trying to FaceTime with several people and my FaceTime sticks on "Connected". I've toggled FT off and on and I don't know what else to do. Help?? I have updated to ios 7.1.1 as well.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. Sounds like a slow network issue

Try a simple Reboot that might fix it

I'm on T-Mobile's LTE in Cleveland, OH and I tried it on AT&T UVERSE in Cleveland and it still wouldn't work. I'll try the reboot and see.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Does it work when you're on WiFi? Did you check FaceTime is enabled for Cellular usage in Settings -> Cellular

View attachment 56339

I'm on T-Mobile's LTE in Cleveland, OH and I tried it on AT&T UVERSE in Cleveland and it still wouldn't work. I'll try the reboot and see.

He advised he tried mobile and wifi so shouldn't be that. Doesn't this go through Apple's servers? I'd try another iDevice if you have one... If it works you know it's your phone... If it doesn't it's Apple's server.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
He advised he tried mobile and wifi so shouldn't be that. Doesn't this go through Apple's servers? I'd try another iDevice if you have one... If it works you know it's your phone... If it doesn't it's Apple's server.

I'll try through my iPod but yeah on my phone it won't go through cellular or wifi... Let me try to FT someone else really quick - it may be their phone.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll try through my iPod but yeah on my phone it won't go through cellular or wifi... Let me try to FT someone else really quick - it may be their phone.

Or true it could be their phone... Actually are you initiating the call? If not they may be doing voice only FT.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Got it. It is the other persons phone. I'm guessing they're not updated to 7/7.1/7.1.1. I just facetimed my sisters iphone 5C on cellular & wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro