FaceTime With Email Question

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I know most people are asking iOS 5 questions on here but I've been dying to know one thing...

I have an iPhone 4 and say I wanted to start a FaceTime chat with a friend on a Mac, iPad, or iPod. How would I initiate the call? I don't have a Mac, iPad, or iPod to try it on. Believe users who don't have an iPhone enter an email address (doesn't have to be one linked to their iTunes account) and I just have to have their email listed in my contacts and I would initiate FaceTime that way.

Thanks in advance. Sorry, I've been dying to know the answer to this question.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you just answered your own question. See here from Apple for more details:

What information do I need to call someone using FaceTime?
To call someone using FaceTime, you need their phone number or email address. Which one you use is determined by the device you are calling:

When calling an iPhone 4: Use the phone number of the person you are calling.
When calling an iPad 2, iPod touch, or FaceTime for Mac user: Use the email address designated for FaceTime of the person you are calling.
On iPad 2, iPod touch, and FaceTime for Mac, you need to add a person as a contact using the FaceTime or Contacts app before you can call them.

How do I make a FaceTime call?
You can make a FaceTime call in multiple ways, depending on your device:

iPhone 4: You can place a FaceTime call using the following apps:

Phone: While on a phone call, you can tap the FaceTime icon to invite the other party to a FaceTime call.
Contacts: Tap the FaceTime icon to place a FaceTime call to the contact you are viewing.
iPad 2, iPod touch (4th generation), and FaceTime for Mac: You can place a FaceTime call using the following apps:

FaceTime: Place a FaceTime call using your contacts list.
Contacts: Tap the FaceTime icon to place a FaceTime call to the contact you are viewing.
Note: There is no FaceTime app on iPhone 4. Use the Phone app instead.

So yes, go to Contacts and press FaceTime. But better yet would be to use BiteSMS, which has a FT button built into the Quick Compose window--then you can start the call from anywhere!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen