Facetime over Cellular with AT&T

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe that AT&T now allows all iPhones to do Facetime over Cellular with 4S, right? If this is correct, why is my 4S setting restricted? When I turn it ON, it says that I have to call AT&T or go to their website

Thanks.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe it depends on the plan you have. If you're on an unlimited plan, it's a no-go. I believe you have to be on a tiered share plan for that to work. Someone else on AT&T can confirm for sure what the requirements are.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Take it easy. I never said everyone wanted to jailbreak. Just giving a suggestion if they really wanted to use Face Time over cellular when ATT still blocked it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I know, man. Not trying to argue. Sometimes it just gets to me when the first response to people questions is a jailbreak tweak.

But I understand that's where you go cause you like the jailbreak. Hopefully an AT&T expert can explain to him why it's blocked. I'm a Verizon expert and don't have much experience with AT&T and their policies.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I know, man. Not trying to argue. Sometimes it just gets to me when the first response to people questions is a jailbreak tweak.

But I understand that's where you go cause you like the jailbreak. Hopefully an AT&T expert can explain to him why it's blocked. I'm a Verizon expert and don't have much experience with AT&T and their policies.

I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I'm pretty sure it's blocked for unlimited plans solely as a way to get people to give up those plans. AT&T wants everyone on their newer pricing structure.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Not an AT&T "expert", but the reason is corporate greed, The carriers want to force you ("lure" or "entice") you to drop the less profitable "all you can eat" data plans in favor of the more lucrative (for them) tiered plans. Plain and simple.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not an AT&T "expert", but the reason is corporate greed, The carriers want to force you ("lure" or "entice") you to drop the less profitable "all you can eat" data plans in favor of the more lucrative (for them) tiered plans. Plain and simple.

Exactly. Its the Same reason Verizon wants me to shell out $850 for the iPhone 5 because I refuse to give up my unlimited plan.

Greedy dbags.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
is 200 MB for $15/mo considered a tiered data plan? What defines a tiered data plan?

Thanks.

Yes it is but you would want to FAcetime on that data plan. My last FT chat used 500 MB's. yeah it was 45 mins but do the math. A 10 min call would likely use 125 MB's. more than half of your monthly limit. Just to add, that is a old tiered data plan that's no longer offered. Maybe you need to be in a current plan offered.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, that's all I need to know. I will ask AT&T on why I can not do Facetime over Cellular when I have an eligible data plan.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73