Facetime on iPad

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hope this is in the right place, didn't see anything for facetime. Is it possible to use the phone number attached to an iPad 2 on VZW only for facetime?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hope this is in the right place, didn't see anything for facetime. Is it possible to use the phone number attached to an iPad 2 on VZW only for facetime?

That's a great question. Hmmm...One would think you could. I mean, if your iPhone number can be associated with FaceTime and iMessages, I don't see why the Phone number associated with an iPad cannot. Then again, my iPad 2 is Wi-Fi Only so I'm just speculating.

Last edited:

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking didn't know for sure. Occasionally get calls on the iPad via FaceTime would be nice if the persons calling could just put me as a contact in the phone instead of my email and then they come to both devices.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The phone number on an iPad is not used for routing of calls etc, just for billing reasons. If you have FaceTime set up on an iPhone and have the phone number on that set to be used then you can set FaceTime on the iPad to accept incoming FaceTime calls on that number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyvu