FaceTime help

jakea95

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Right my friend is convinced it's going to cost her, She is at home on ( Wifi ) iPhone 4. I will be outside on my iPhone 4S using 3G, am I correct that I would cost me not her?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am under the impression that it will not cost her anything especially if you'll be connecting to her using her Apple ID, but I'm not 100% certain. It is definitely something I will research, though.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Right my friend is convinced it's going to cost her, She is at home on ( Wifi ) iPhone 4. I will be outside on my iPhone 4S using 3G, am I correct that I would cost me not her?
It would cost you if you exceeded any data limit on your plan... won't cost her anything because she's on wifi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It would cost you if you exceeded any data limit on your plan... won't cost her anything because she's on wifi.
That's what I thought. Thanks Keith. Besides, what if the person you're FaceTiming is using a Wi-Fi-Only iPad while you're using cellular data? There's no way to charge the person using the iPad. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It only uses data so of your on wifi then your fine .. If your not on wifi then it's using your data plan

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be identical to iMessage meaning that no matter who it is *** long as you are on WIFI you are not being charged for the use of your data. As soon as you go off WIFI then you are dipping into your data plan. Sorry to have repeated Peligro but I was simply agreeing with him and anyone else that sees it the same way.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
FaceTime is simply Apple's answer to Skype marketed for video chats. It operates in the same way as Skype does and it doesn't cost a dime. The data transferred over WiFi is covered by what you pay for your Internet connection at home. The data transferred when only connected to 3G is covered by and can add up to your monthly data plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2