FaceTime data usage.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there a rule of thumb as to how much data is consumed per minute when using FaceTime over cellular data?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know who your carrier is but i know at least onetime VZW and AT&T use to have on their website a table that you would choose what you wanted a data use and it would tell you how many emails, text messages, music streaming etc and what it worked out at. You could go back if it is one of these and see if it is still there or just call them and they may be able to break it down for you.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it's about 1 MB every 2 minutes for FaceTime Audio. FaceTime Video depends on cellular data speeds.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you can find a data calculator for your carrier. It might be able to help you more. I believe AT&T has one on their website.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

razamith

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
If you wondering on the standard data usage of Facetime, Facetime uses three megabytes of data per minute of conversation. So, if you subscribe to unlimited data connection it should be no problem as you are paying a fix amount of cost regardless how long you use Facetime. However if you are having internet or data subscription that bills you by the minutes or hour, the cost to your internet or cellular data bill will very much depends on how long you are using Facetime. Read this [redacted] for more details :)

Last edited by a moderator: