Facetime Audio Call - Can Hear Audio Before Answering Call

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I thought this was resolved several versions ago? When I receive a call on my iPhone and consequently Facetime audio through my macbook, I can hear the audio from the other side before I answer the call. I am completely up to date on Mojave 10.14.5 and my iPhone is completely up to date as well. Obviously the concern is if I can hear them before I answer, they can possibly hear me before I answer or if I don't answer.

Anyone else still noticing this? I called Apple and of course they wanted me to do a complete OS install, which I declined just due to I don't believe it will solve anything other than to waste me time.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed it but don't frequently get calls on my computer and my phone while I'm using them together. I'd record this and report it to Apple.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Haven't noticed it but don't frequently get calls on my computer and my phone while I'm using them together. I'd record this and report it to Apple.

Thats the thing, if the caller on the other side is quiet you wouldn't notice it. I just happen to notice today because my son's school called while I was siting here at my laptop, and the caller was in the main office where there was a lot of background noise/conversation happening. I did report to apple, but I did not get a recording because I didn't really put it all together until I answered the call and heard the same background noise through the answered call on my iPhone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thats the thing, if the caller on the other side is quiet you wouldn't notice it. I just happen to notice today because my son's school called while I was siting here at my laptop, and the caller was in the main office where there was a lot of background noise/conversation happening. I did report to apple, but I did not get a recording because I didn't really put it all together until I answered the call and heard the same background noise through the answered call on my iPhone.

You're hearing the call audio on both your Macbook and your phone?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
You're hearing the call audio on both your Macbook and your phone?

No... I could hear the audio through my Macbook before the call was answered. Once I answered the call the audio was only on my iPhone, but I could hear the same background noise through the call, and thats when I realized that I had heard the caller's audio through facetime audio before I had accepted the call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2