Facebook says iOS privacy changes will cost $10 billion, shares plunge

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Boo Hoo…if Apple’s privacy changes caused them to lose 10 billion dollars it’s safe to assume they were making a heckuva lot more mining customer data.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually I thought it would be more. FB must have found some way to circumvent these privacy settings by now...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind Facebook having my data, but I would expect compensation for it. It is, after all, my data. Still get ads though. It was a bit unnerving, seeing ads on Facebook of items I had viewed on Amazon.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear, how awful !

I'd probably need know more to understand that. I realize some poorly informed people probably lost some value there but for a while now people have been opting for or towards privacy. Being shocked by the drop a few social media firms have had is a little but like having property in a flood plain and denying the risks.

I don't mind Facebook having my data, but I would expect compensation for it. It is, after all, my data. Still get ads though. It was a bit unnerving, seeing ads on Facebook of items I had viewed on Amazon.

At a high level you can improve that privacy element with a Facebook setting I think is called off site or cross-site. There are some tutorials out there on the settings. There are Apple specific steps you can take too that can be additive for better privacy - private relay and the burner address feature.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd probably need know more to understand that. I realize some poorly informed people probably lost some value there but for a while now people have been opting for or towards privacy. Being shocked by the drop a few social media firms have had is a little but like having property in a flood plain and denying the risks.

At a high level you can improve that privacy element with a Facebook setting I think is called off site or cross-site. There are some tutorials out there on the settings. There are Apple specific steps you can take too that can be additive for better privacy - private relay and the burner address feature.

I don't see what you refer to. Seems Meta has made it difficult to manage your data. There is no place in the Facebook Settings like there used to be. I have tracking toggled off for apps in Settings > Privacy > Tracking. That seems to work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative