Facebook push notes ==

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
So does anyone know if facebook will release a push notifications client like twitter does? Or does it already do this? i cant seem to find any leads on this.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
They will soon, later this summer. I am sure facebook would push chat and status updates. I really would like this, but already have the FB chat via IM+. So I am more than content.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'd like to get the facebook push so i can turn off the text message notifications. i also use im+ so the chats not too big, but the rest would be cool.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
So, I just started using Facebook, loaded the app on my iPhone, but I continue to get an error when trying to load the 'chat' portion of it. I get an error message that online friends could not be loaded. I have deleted and reloaded Facebook but get the same error. My daughter logged in on her computer but the iPhone app would not load her for chat. Any suggestions?

jkeith133

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I've had the fbook app for a while now, and I've noticed a bunch of errors with it. Sometimes the inbox for messages doesn't update regularly, and it will continually show weeks old messages as new. It also doesn't update correctly it seems, and will show my status as older than ones that I've updated on my macbook. It seems to be a problem between updating on my macbook and then translating that into updates for the phone app.

I did read that there will be a new facebook 3.0 app coming out shortly, and that push notifications will be coming out sometime later this summer in a 3.0.1 update. Either way it's still a good app, but sometimes irritating...

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I deleted the iTunes Facebook app, went to the website on my iPhone and bookmarked it on my home page. It works better and although it does not have a chat option, I can do wall to wall messages and it will show me who is online. So I will use that for now until they work out the kinks!

AzTeqi

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Same Chat Error BUG

So, I just started using Facebook, loaded the app on my iPhone, but I continue to get an error when trying to load the 'chat' portion of it. I get an error message that online friends could not be loaded. I have deleted and reloaded Facebook but get the same error. My daughter logged in on her computer but the iPhone app would not load her for chat. Any suggestions?
Ahah! So I am not alone! Identical problem.
:mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151