Facebook birthdays pop-up alerts?

Lucian Hodoboc

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi

So, long time Windows Phone user, first time iOS user, here. Since Microsoft is killing off its mobile operating system, I decided to jump ship and got an iPhone 8 Plus.

I have to say, for an operating system promoted as incredibly user-friendly, iOS doesn't seem very intuitive to me. And it seems like a pretty closed system that allows for very little customization.

All that aside, I want to ask if it is possible to enable pop-up alerts for Facebook. I can't seem to be able to do that in any way on iOS 11. On Windows Phone I received pop-up alerts for facebook comments and for facebook birthdays (and the alerts also remained in my WP notifications center). On iOS I receive pop-up alerts only for the Yahoo Mail app. I have looked in the Settings and the Facebook notifications are turned on for birthdays both inside the app and in the iOS app settings.

Is there a way to receive pop-up alerts for Facebook notifications on iOS 11?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and grats on your new phone!

In your phone's Settings, go to Notifications > Facebook and set the banners there. (Popups are called Banners in iOS).

If you take some free time to sit down and watch a ton of YouTube videos on iOS 11, you'll know what all of the settings are and what they do in about an hour. That's what I did when I bought my first iPhone (actually, a week before I went to get it)... sat on YouTube watching videos and crashed learned just about everything. Trying to learn it by piddling about in the settings will only lengthen the time it takes for you to learn this wonderful phone.

Lucian Hodoboc

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
The banners are turned on in Notifications > Facebook, as I mentioned in my previous post, all the notifications I could find in the Settings for all apps are turned on. The Facebook notifications are turned on in my Facebook settings too. But it does not show any notification banners on my iPhone about anything other than the emails I receive on my Yahoo Mail app.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The banners are turned on in Notifications > Facebook, as I mentioned in my previous post, all the notifications I could find in the Settings for all apps are turned on. The Facebook notifications are turned on in my Facebook settings too. But it does not show any notification banners on my iPhone about anything other than the emails I receive on my Yahoo Mail app.

Apologies, I missed that.

Go into Settings > General > iPhone Storage and wait for the app list to finish loading. When it does, scroll down to Facebook and delete it. Reinstall Facebook again and set up the notifications in the phone's settings.

If that fails. you can either do Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings (which I think you should do this anyway), or report the issue to the Facebook iOS app developers. Honestly, I had to disable the banners. They get seriously annoying after awhile... they were really neat though when I first got the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR