Facebook app

cpdh

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

I own a iPod Touch, and my friends and I have the facebook app. I noticed that my facebook app doesn't have a notification badge, while my friends have it. Is that badge only for the iPhone or something?

Thanks for your help!

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
the current version of the FaceBook app does not support notifications yet. I'm not sure what app your friend is using.

It doesn't support push notifications. If you have friend requests, open the app and don't do something with them (confirm/ignore) and close the app...you will have a notification badge.

cpdh

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
@shutter exactly!! Mine doesn't do that. There is no badge saying how many friend requests or new wall posts for example. Is that just the iPod Touch or what?

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
The badge number only represents the number of unread private messages you have. As others have stated it only updates when you close the app.

Last edited:

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If you open up your Facebook app, and say you have an unread message on there, and then you close the app without reading the message(s), on your home screen the Facebook app icon would have a badge or number above it indicating that you have unread message. It's doesnt support push yet.. it's may though in the near future.

cpdh

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes guys, the problem is after I close the app with unread messages or notifications, the badge still doesn't show up.

txredman

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
On mine if you are on News Feeds, below that it says Top Stories and there is other options such as Photos and Live Feed and others, almost all of the other options say No New Stories -got a lot of friends that have it and all of the stuff works on theirs. Is there a setting I'm missing or what? I can't do chat or anything else - kind of irritates me. Any help would be appreciated.

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Very strange app issues for me today. Sometimes won't open up at all, then when it does I can use as normal for a short time before getting a white screen and being kicked out to homescreen. After this I have to re-enter my password.

Anyone else seeing this? Have tried uninstall/reinstall to no avail?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Very strange app issues for me today. Sometimes won't open up at all, then when it does I can use as normal for a short time before getting a white screen and being kicked out to homescreen. After this I have to re-enter my password.

Anyone else seeing this? Have tried uninstall/reinstall to no avail?

Yes, it is completely jacked up for me as well.

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Ah, glad it's not just me. Just tried optimised site in safari too and that's also screwed. Must be FB servers?! Cheers J

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Ive been having problems to, i keep getting the "post cannot be completed error' and chat isnt working, it logs me off every now and then when the app crashes. :/

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
This whole weekend I had problems trying to post photos on other peoples walls, but I could upload a photo to my album just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151