• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Facebook 3.0 has been submitted...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
To Apple for review... in case anyone was interested. Just a reminder - push notifications will not be included until 3.1.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Aw I was gonna post this. I saw his twitter post this morning. It's about time. Now I just wonder how long the review will take.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm rather annoyed that PUSH will not be released. I guess coming from a BlackBerry, you'd think these things would come along a bit quicker...

I know, I should just get over it...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The guy coding it says it has taken so long because he wanted to really get rid of all the bugginess that has plagued the app since 2.0 was released. His twitter post says he is more excited for 3.1 update which he will start tomorrow, with push and I guess some other stuff. As long as the bugs are gone I'm happy, I think facebook with push could get annoying fast and I already have push chat from Beejive.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm rather annoyed that PUSH will not be released. I guess coming from a BlackBerry, you'd think these things would come along a bit quicker...

I know, I should just get over it...

I always thought of it the other way around... updates on the BB are far and few.

I don't mind waiting for push, especially since I have the notifications hitting my email. Almost the same thing.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have the email alert thing going, too. Does me just fine for now. But yeah, I am looking forward to this update. The current version is... lacking.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Since I receive instant emails from Facebook, that helps.

BUT, what I can't stand is the emails NEVER have the respective subject for the status the person is replying to. I tend to have 3-4 status' a day. So, from time to time it's hard to tell what status they are commenting on...

Make sense?

I always thought of it the other way around... updates on the BB are far and few.

I don't mind waiting for push, especially since I have the notifications hitting my email. Almost the same thing.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Anybody got any specs on new features included in this release?

Facebook for iPhone: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 | Facebook

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 is coming very soon. I can't predict an exact date when I will submit to Apple, but I can say that I am about 98% done. So what's new in this update?

1. The "new" News Feed
2. Like
3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
4. Notes
5. Pages
6. Create new photo albums
7. Upload photos to any album
8. Zoom into photos
9. Easier photo tagging
10. Profile Pictures albums
11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call

The one feature everyone is asking for, Push Notifications, is in development but it won't make it into 3.0. You can expect it in a 3.1 update later this summer.

dallasjmj

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Think a jailbroken iPhone 3G will be able to upload videos taken using Cycorder onto Facebook 3.0 when it's released? Or will that only be available to users of unmodified 3GS's?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Think a jailbroken iPhone 3G will be able to upload videos taken using Cycorder onto Facebook 3.0 when it's released? Or will that only be available to users of unmodified 3GS's?

It will come from your photos app. So if Cycorder stores them there, you should be able to unless it's going to have something to detect whether or not that feature is available to you (if you have a 2G or 3G and not a 3GS).

iShane

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
an update.

This is the "What's New" text that will appear on the App Store.

- See your upcoming Events and RSVP
- See your friends' birthdays
- See Pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer
- Write Notes and read your friends' Notes
- Upload videos from an iPhone 3GS
- Upload photos to any album
- Complete photo management (create albums, delete albums, delete photos, delete photo tags)
- Change your Profile Picture
- Zoom into photos
- Like posts and photos
- See the same News Feed as the Facebook website
- Visit links in a built-in web browser
- See all of your friends' friends and Pages
- See mutual friends
- Easily search for people and Pages
- Make friend requests
- Become a fan of Pages
- Quickly call or text your friends
- Create shortcuts to your favorite friends and Pages
- Friends sorted by first or last name according to your settings
- Chat friends sorted alphabeticaly

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
If you go onto the Facebook for iPhone page on Facebook, they have screen prints now. It looks good. I'm really looking forward to getting this update. How many bets on how long apple will take to approve. According to his post on Facebook, the developer submitted it on Sunday. Do you think we can expect it by the end of this week? I hope so.:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman