Face ID not working after simple screen replacement

StigK

Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I made a screen replacement on my friends iPhone X, and everything works fine including the ear speaker, front camera and light sensor .. exept that Face ID is not .. "face id not available try again later" .. after a reset of Face ID, the picture in the Face ID setup is blurry.

Can someone help me find a solution to fix my friends iPhone? .. I have searched and watched a lot of youtube videos, but havent been able to find a solution ;-(

Best Regards
Stig :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I made a screen replacement on my friends iPhone X, and everything works fine including the ear speaker, front camera and light sensor .. exept that Face ID is not .. "face id not available try again later" .. after a reset of Face ID, the picture in the Face ID setup is blurry.

Can someone help me find a solution to fix my friends iPhone? .. I have searched and watched a lot of youtube videos, but havent been able to find a solution ;-(

Best Regards
Stig :)

I don't have an answer to your question, but wanted to say hello and welcome to iMore. Hopefully, someone will come along soon and have an answer to your question.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
When you replaced the screen, was it only the screen that was replaced ?

Ear speaker and front sensor assembly also contains the proximity sensor and the IR illuminator. It is extremely easy to block the prox sensor and or the illuminator with adhesive. The cable for the speaker assembly is also fragile, and easily damaged. The assembly is also paired to your phone, is part of the security system, and cannot be replaced by anyone but Apple, if you want Face ID to work.

So, options:

1) Ensure that the device is using the latest version of iOS.
2) Reset Face ID.
3) Reset device.
4) Place device in DFU mode and do a full reset.
5) Open the device and recheck your work. Make sure the speaker is installed properly and there isn’t any adhesives blocking the sensors. (If you put a screen protector on, does any of it cover the sensors ?)
6) Take it to an Apple store and be open and honest with them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2