Exploring iOS 16 - favorite new features

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I just found the setting. Excellent! Any idea of the general impact of haptic on battery life?

No, just a guess. The battery life on the Pro Maxes, for me, is so epic that I just take it for granted. I haven’t noticed and subjective difference in battery life this past week.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I think the battery % in the battery symbol is weird. I turned it on for a second then turned it off. This was in my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I also don't like the notifications at the bottom of the lock screen.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The placement inside of the battery indicator. For me I think it would be better outside of the battery indicator. But looking at my iPhone it doesn't look like they had the real estate to put it outside. I just turned it off and will stick with the indicator and swipe down if I want to see the %.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The placement inside of the battery indicator. For me I think it would be better outside of the battery indicator. But looking at my iPhone it doesn't look like they had the real estate to put it outside. I just turned it off and will stick with the indicator and swipe down if I want to see the %.

Oh okay. I see what you’re saying. Thanks.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
when you are picking one of your photos for the new wallpaper on the lock screen, why can’t you pinch to zoom in, is it the way that picture was taken in the first place?

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread, Annie. Very helpful to see what others are using and liking. For me I like the new Lock Screen, notifications, battery percentage, text editing & spam reporting on deletion, and being able to grab the main subject out of a photo without the background (just a novelty thing but it’s kind of cool). Still exploring.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread, Annie. Very helpful to see what others are using and liking. For me I like the new Lock Screen, notifications, battery percentage, text editing & spam reporting on deletion, and being able to grab the main subject out of a photo without the background (just a novelty thing but it’s kind of cool). Still exploring.

You are welcome!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think the battery % in the battery symbol is weird. I turned it on for a second then turned it off. This was in my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I also don't like the notifications at the bottom of the lock screen.

I do like notifications at the bottom. Especially with the new lock screen features.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I see we have a “Count” option but I find it silly. What use can that bring us

Some people like seeing just their lock screen without notifications showing over it, and this tells them that there are some notifications to deal with. Minimalists. (I tried it for a while; it wasn't for me.)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone used Siri to hang up calls? Apparently, you can tell Siri to hang up on either phone or Facetime calls.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used Siri to hang up calls? Apparently, you can tell Siri to hang up on either phone or Facetime calls.

I enabled it on my GFs phone

She uses auto Answer for hands free as she’s always cooking and doesn’t want to touch her phone so the hang up feature is a plus for her

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
No... Actually, I find it pretty awkward to use Siri on a call.

A couple of weeks ago, I was on Teams meeting when my car said "Attention! Limited access road ahead" and my car's mic picked it up :rotfl: Now, imagine hanging up on someone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods