Exploring iOS 16 - favorite new features

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
After updating my iPhone yesterday to iOS 16, I have finally been able to begin exploring. There are many new features that I am excited about, but the one I am most excited about is being able to create multi-stop rounds on Apple Maps!!!

What are some of your favorite new features?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
After updating my iPhone yesterday to iOS 16, I have finally been able to begin exploring. There are many new features that I am excited about, but the one I am most excited about is being able to create multi-stop rounds on Apple Maps!!!

What are some of your favorite new features?

Those multi stop rounds on Apple Maps are a blessing.
For now I can’t think of any other favorite changes.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the new lock Screen.

giphy.gif

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Haptic feedback for the keyboard!

I’ve loved this on Android since…forever and glad we finally have it. If you keep your phone on silent (like I do) its a nice alternative to key clicks for typing feedback.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I’ve loved this on Android since…forever and glad we finally have it. If you keep your phone on silent (like I do) its a nice alternative to key clicks for typing feedback.

I am enjoying this as well!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Another find that I am thrilled about... when voice texting on iMessage, punctuation is automatic! I know longer have to say "question mark" or "exclamation mark" or "period"... that is SO NICE!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Another find that I am thrilled about... when voice texting on iMessage, punctuation is automatic! I know longer have to say "question mark" or "exclamation mark" or "period"... that is SO NICE!

That’s great. So the machine learning can now tell when its an interrogative statement and add a question mark. “Progress, we have, smart, the iPhone is.” - Yoda

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I really like the new lock screen features, and particularly that you can pair the photo in the lock screen with a blurred version for the Home Screen. I have some artwork now set up as a photo shuffle that changes every hour. Very cool.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Lock Screen change is nice.
I've changed my first typo in iMessage.
This one isn't so much a specific feature but so far in my own experience the interface/interaction is a bit quicker and more fluid.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My 3 favourite features in iOS 16:
  • Multi-stop directions in Apple Maps
  • Focus mode filtering in Apple Mail.
    I don't want my work email to show up outside office hours, so this is is a blessing for my mental health :heart:
  • iMessage editing
    I do so many typos that just making that correction is so helpful.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Notification Announcements are so good and we can pick which apps to announce as well messages. Works perfect

Battery Percentage

Keyboard Haptic. I really like this feature

Because of my illness I take a lot of meds and the new Health app Med feature is so well done and easy to use and combined with the notification announcements and drug interaction build in I don’t have to worry about missing my doses

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yep. The haptic feedback for the keyboard is indeed welcomed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I’ve been staying the punctuation so long that I hadn’t even noticed. I’m definitely going to give it a try and see for myself.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems to work great for me for questions/question marks. Haven’t hd great success with exclamation points yet.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I just found the setting. Excellent! Any idea of the general impact of haptic on battery life?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
No obvious bugs (so far) is nice. I'm having some Lock Screen fun. The standard keyboard is still really lame for anyone who uses Swiftkey. This is part watch, but I noticed the louder summon your phone sound.

Please fill me in if I'm missing something but another look at Widgets and Stacks still has me using a conventional screen. I'm not finding a faster way to use the many apps I do than their being accessable on a main screen and folders.