Exercise Tracker

stefp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else finding that the exercise tracker is more sensitive than before? I'm getting full minutes for doing my stair exercises now. Before I was lucky if I got one minute.

stefp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the responses but I'm in no doubt that my exercise circle is moving more than it did before the update (which I didn't make clear in my original question). I'll keep an eye on how things work out in the next few days.

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I just saw the same thing. I take the stairs every day to my office (3 flights), and I usually get 1 minute toward exercise. Ever since watchOS 2, I've been getting 5 minutes.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. Apple modified their algorithm for calculating exercise towards the 30 minute daily goal. It is definitely more accurate now and comparable to "active minutes" on a Fitbit device.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. Apple modified their algorithm for calculating exercise towards the 30 minute daily goal. It is definitely more accurate now and comparable to "active minutes" on a Fitbit device.

It does seem to work better for me now than in the beta. It was a struggle for this old timer to complete that circle before the official release, now, not so much.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I worked out yesterday and it showed that I used more calories than before the upgrade.I will have to see how it performs on the treadmill workout that I do. The heart rate monitor was very erratic and would seem to stop working for a while. Bike and elliptical are right on.