Evolution of the first iPhone to the iPhone 5S

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I found this up in the imore article about the iPhone 5C.
3yqaqepy.jpg

There has been a bit of a change in the iPhone but not really the layout of applications or functionality of the phone. But I'm happy either way.
Just thought it would be interesting to see how much the iPhone has evolved from a basic slow network of 2g to LTE.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this chart before but never really read it. Now I see why my IPhone 1 will stay charged for almost a week. The batt is 1400. Not having service on it contributes to that for sure. Interesting how the basic design of the iPhone 4 has lasted 4 generations.
I paid $600 cash for my 8gig iPhone 1. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this chart before but never really read it. Now I see why my IPhone 1 will stay charged for almost a week. The batt is 1400. Not having service on it contributes to that for sure. Interesting how the basic design of the iPhone 4 has lasted 4 generations.

Wow. $600? I didn't buy the. 1st iPhone. I couldn't afford it back then.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've owned every one, and the first few models were so exciting when the upgrade came. It was always something different. The 2G iPhone was so epic but it was expensive. I saved my little cash for it. Lol! I was only 16.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

Do you still have it? Can you use the Iphone 1 like an Ipod?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've owned every one, and the first few models were so exciting when the upgrade came. It was always something different. The 2G iPhone was so epic but it was expensive. I saved my little cash for it. Lol! I was only 16.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I remember my uncle showing off the first iPhone back in 2007, he showed me all the features and I was loosing my mind. I never dreamt of owning an iphone, I was about 18. lol. now I have the 5S , times have changed

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was a sophomore in high school when my friend got the 3G iPhone or 3GS and I was amazed at how advanced her phone was and how amazing it looked. I was so envious of everyone I saw with an iPhone around 2008 it was just such an amazing thing to have at the time. Finally got my first iPhone 4 in 2010. Best day of my life.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you still have it? Can you use the Iphone 1 like an Ipod?

Yes still have it works great. I used to use it as a iPod when I had a Blackberry for a while. Also used it as a Skype phone when traveling overseas when I had the BB. I have a old iOS version of Madden Football that that runs great on it the best version they ever released for iOS. Still syncs to iTunes.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You still have it? Sleeping beauty

Yup and that waiting for activation was a big deal back then. We had to do the activation at home via iTunes and that first day AT&T servers got crushed with people trying to activate. Some folks it took days to activate. It was a mess.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yup and that waiting for activation was a big deal back then. We had to do the activation at home via iTunes and that first day AT&T servers got crushed with people trying to activate. Some folks it took days to activate. It was a mess.

I didn’t have an iPhone then, but I definitely remember the news reports... people were freaking out... actually, not much has changed over the years... there’s still a lot of excitement and frustration with each new iPhone launch...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Isn't it amazing how things have changed? Now all you need it wifi or a 3G connection. I dig the way technology has advanced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD