everything you need to know (thus far)

tankgunk

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
-how is at&t forcing people getting family plans to get 2 iphones, when it says that you can only get one?

You can only get a family plan with two iPhones, and those two iPhones will be used by two people, so basically you're going to need your other person or people in line with you. You can't go alone and get iPhones for the family, they've got to be there.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Possibly no white iPhones at the AT&T stores is gonna piss me off. I was 80% for the white, and if they don't carry it my choices would be to get the black or drive 4 hours to the nearest Apple store. Grrr. Hope this isn't true. :mad:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Possibly no white iPhones at the AT&T stores is gonna piss me off. I was 80% for the white, and if they don't carry it my choices would be to get the black or drive 4 hours to the nearest Apple store. Grrr. Hope this isn't true. :mad:

Yeah, as soon as I saw that I've already made plans to switch to one of the close Apple stores. I just wanted to avoid the malls. Guess there is no way around it now.

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
The part that's really bugging me is whether the people you've got in line with you are the people who are actually going to get the additional iPhones on your family plan or not. I called AT&T's national sales line tonight and the answer that I got was that the limitation is one iPhone per person in line, but that it doesn't necessarily have to be the person who will use the phone. However, I've read online (somewhere, I've been reading so much that I can't remember where anymore) that it HAS to be THE person who will get the phone that is in line with you. Sigh, this is the only frustrating part for me and its all AT&T's fault.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Are att stores going to have 16 gb at all? or just no white

That is not official. I'm sure we will find out more details in the next day. I'd just plan on going to a Apple store if I were you. That is if you have a Apple store close to you.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
WHAT??? white only in apple stores?? this is going to be a mess. the other rumors that current AT&T customers who are non-iphone users must go to AT&T stores because apple wont knwo your curretn upgrade status, in addition with this means that i wont be able to get a white iphone.... this is crap. SOMEONE needs to sort out all these rumors.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
WHAT??? white only in apple stores?? this is going to be a mess. the other rumors that current AT&T customers who are non-iphone users must go to AT&T stores because apple wont knwo your curretn upgrade status, in addition with this means that i wont be able to get a white iphone.... this is crap. SOMEONE needs to sort out all these rumors.

I sort of find this hard to believe... but to play it safe I've changed my plans to hit up a Apple store unless this rumor gets shot down for sure.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I wish the process was a lot simpler. Did anyone read the stuff that you need to bring with you if your going to buy an iPhone 3G at the Apple store? Yikes!

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
buyer: *walks into the apple store* "Hi i would like to purchase an IPHONE 3G please."

Apple sales man: NO problem, i just need to see a few things from you, your drivers license, a birth certificate, a credit card, a proof of residency form, you social security card, the most recent report from a doctor giving current status of health... annddd thats about it... oh an i forgot to mention you will need to sign for your iphone in blood, and we are going to need a finger print too. THANKS!

haha

Last edited:

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
You guys are getting carried away with this. They're only listing these things to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible. They've covered what new customers will need as well as what existing AT&T customers will need, its much simpler than making two separate lists.