Email on series 5 watch and XR phone

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have my series 5 and XR linked for email and they both receive it just fine. But does anyone know why when I delete an email off the watch it also deletes it off the phone, but not the other way around? When I delete a phone email the copy that’s on the watch is not affected.

I didn’t realize it was doing this at first and thought that as I cleared messages off my phone that it was clearing the watch too. Now I discover that there are hundreds of emails backed up on the watch and I’m concerned about using up memory.

What a pain! Is there a way to automatically clear the watch at the same time as the phone?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my series 5 and XR linked for email and they both receive it just fine. But does anyone know why when I delete an email off the watch it also deletes it off the phone, but not the other way around? When I delete a phone email the copy that’s on the watch is not affected.
Try rebooting both devices because when I delete email from my iPhone 11 Pro Max, it gets deleted from my Series 5 Apple Watch and vice versa.

I didn’t realize it was doing this at first and thought that as I cleared messages off my phone that it was clearing the watch too. Now I discover that there are hundreds of emails backed up on the watch and I’m concerned about using up memory.

What a pain! Is there a way to automatically clear the watch at the same time as the phone?
As stated above, try rebooting both devices and then re-trying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73