Email notification sounds not working

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
11 ProMax
iOS 13.1

On the new phone, since 13 and now 13.1, the notification sounds for email accounts other than my work Exchange account do not work. Settings are no sound for default email setting and then each account has a separate alert tone. Worked fine on prior devices with same settings.

Anyone else seeing this?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
11 ProMax
iOS 13.1

On the new phone, since 13 and now 13.1, the notification sounds for email accounts other than my work Exchange account do not work. Settings are no sound for default email setting and then each account has a separate alert tone. Worked fine on prior devices with same settings.

Anyone else seeing this?

KA-FREGGIN-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reported this in feedback in 13.1 beta 2/3/4. Glad to see someone else having this issue.

iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple Watch 3 LTE working FINE on iOS 13. No email notifications at all on 13.1.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, not really sure what happened, but sometime in the past several hours, everything started working fine.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I’ve had issues as well throughout the Betas. The times I’d receive a sound alert I wouldn’t see a number badge. Then I’d look other times and see 3 emails but never got an alert. This most recent 13.1 Beta which is the official 13.1 seems to be the most stable but I’m waiting for it to act up again. Fingers crossed it doesn’t.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’ve had issues as well throughout the Betas. The times I’d receive a sound alert I wouldn’t see a number badge. Then I’d look other times and see 3 emails but never got an alert. This most recent 13.1 Beta which is the official 13.1 seems to be the most stable but I’m waiting for it to act up again. Fingers crossed it doesn’t.

I thought I read somewhere that 13.1 official was 13.1 beta 4.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that 13.1 official was 13.1 beta 4.

I wouldn’t know. I’m on the latest beta and this is my build number
658f75e21c98813ac2906b1b0f2051b4.jpg

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
11 ProMax
iOS 13.1

Anyone else seeing this?

I have the same problem iPhone 8, SE, & iPad mini 5. Handoff is off & on. Loads of bugs.
Vinny

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After spending time troubleshooting, I found that the issue is caused by push emails not being pushed to the device as they should. If I set all of my email accounts to fetch, they come in (albeit not instantly) and the alert sounds as it should. If I leave as push, they are only pulled when I open the mail app and thus no alert tones.

Can anyone else who has this issue see if you can replicate the solution above?

Wondering if my MDM is causing the issue.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been having issues off and on with my email not being synced properly since I updated to OS 13, I use the native mail app synced to my gmail account and the sync is set to fetch.

It worked perfectly before updating to OS13 and has been intermittent. Hopefully they will fix it in one of the upcoming updates.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have been having issues off and on with my email not being synced properly since I updated to OS 13, I use the native mail app synced to my gmail account and the sync is set to fetch.

It worked perfectly before updating to OS13 and has been intermittent. Hopefully they will fix it in one of the upcoming updates.

Hey Ron. I just uninstalled the native Mail app and reinstalled and so far everything’s working. Fingers crossed.

I’ve kept silent so far but yes, iOS 13 wasn’t ready for prime time.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey Ron. I just uninstalled the native Mail app and reinstalled and so far everything’s working. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try myself and see what happens.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

I thought all “uninstalling” the core apps does is remove the icon and not much of anything else.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I thought all “uninstalling” the core apps does is remove the icon and not much of anything else.

Well I can say that’s not the case. So far all Mail notifications are working as they were. I was also finally able to delete two emails that kept coming back into my inbox.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I believe that it would also remove any internal storage associated with the app, as it does with third party apps, and, if the issue was caused by a corruption in data storage associated with the mail app, perhaps this was what would fix a problem.

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
KA-FREGGIN-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reported this in feedback in 13.1 beta 2/3/4. Glad to see someone else having this issue.

iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple Watch 3 LTE working FINE on iOS 13. No email notifications at all on 13.1.

Today is April 4 2020 and I been having this issue since I downgraded to IOS 13. No sound notification for exchange account. Other accounts, ie: gmail, apple account work fine meaning i get sound.

Currently running IOS 13.3. This is a pain as I miss important emails throughout the day while on the job.

Fred

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner