Email Not Syncing, how can I fix this?

anon(8648115)

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Email Not Syncing

Hi guys!

Got myself a new 6s plus and I'm loving it. One thing I've noticed after a week, however, is that email is not syncing on its own. Whether push or fetch is on, everytime I go into the mail app, it always THEN decides to sync. Case in point, it's rare that I wake up and there's not at least five emails waiting for me, and for the last few days I've had none... only for like, 10 to show up when I open the app. I've switched from push to fetch, and then back to push (apparently there's not option to fetch 'as items arrive,' which is odd). I've deleted and readded the account with the same results.

Anyone else having syncing problems? Any fixes? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Email Not Syncing

Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset Network Settings".

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Email Not Syncing

Is it a major provider like Gmail or Outlook?

Gmail doesn't do push at all with the iOS mail app, so when you open the app, it will then check Gmail.

Now with that said, I do see occasional issue with push. I use Outlook.com and most of the time it works, but occasionally it will stop. I'll notice I haven't seen any emails for a while and open then app, then boom, I see all the emails pop up. When this happens I usually do 2 things, flip the switch from push to fetch, then back to push and then I reboot the phone.

I have no idea why it just stops "pushing" but it does.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods