Email not pushing properly, even with all settings correct??

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
im coming from a blackberry, so im used to having immediate email delivery. i have 4 emails linked to my iphone. a yahoo, gmail (set up as exchange), a comcast and a live. they are all set up for push and a 15 minute fetch fallback. all at some point were working perfectly, just as fast as my blackberry. now that i have discontinued using my BB, the emails have stopped pushing 100% of the time.

for instance, this morning i had 3 emails that came in around 7am. i didnt get them until i manually refreshed my email inboxes. is there a setting im missing? again they are all set up to notify properly and push/fetch.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hold in the power and home buttons until you see the apple logo. Don't worry about the slide to turn off just disregard that. It will restart your phone and see if this helps.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Turn off JUST mail on each account and then turn it back on...

If that doesn't help, go to Settings \ Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Fetch New Data, and make sure PUSH is on...

Failing that, restart your iPhone, and then perform a few test...

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Turn off JUST mail on each account and then turn it back on...

If that doesn't help, go to Settings \ Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Fetch New Data, and make sure PUSH is on...

Failing that, restart your iPhone, and then perform a few test...

push is already set up. it always has been. ill try turning them off and power cycling the phone.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
no dice, still wont push after i sent a test email.

edit: deleting it and re-setting it up seems to have helped. ill see how long it lasts.

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Wait, let's take a step back here.

Which account in particular is NOT PUSHing, one or all (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

I'd probably start fresh, and remove all accounts, add them one by one, and test from a pc by sending an email from account A to account B to see if you receive it on your iPhone.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Wait, let's take a step back here.

Which account in particular is NOT PUSHing, one or all (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

I'd probably start fresh, and remove all accounts, add them one by one, and test from a pc by sending an email from account A to account B to see if you receive it on your iPhone.

the yahoo one wasnt pushing. i deleted it and set it up again. appears to be working now.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
the yahoo one wasnt pushing. i deleted it and set it up again. appears to be working now.

One interesting thing about Yahoo is that they state that Push only works if you're connected to a carrier network (as opposed to wifi only): http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mobile/devices/iphone/iphone-15.html

I never understood that.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
One interesting thing about Yahoo is that they state that Push only works if you're connected to a carrier network (as opposed to wifi only): iPhone Push Mail Troubleshooting | Yahoo! Mobile Help

I never understood that.

LOL whats NOT to understand. If you want PUSH you need it to be on the carrier network.
Carriers want you to use more data so they can charge you MORE for overages. (Sprint Excluded) So with that in mind from ATT / Verizons perspective it makes perfect sense. From a consumers perspective its stupid.

But i agree, i dont like a feature that works with only 1 type of data connection. ie, carrier network only and NOT WiFi.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL whats NOT to understand. If you want PUSH you need it to be on the carrier network.
Carriers want you to use more data so they can charge you MORE for overages. (Sprint Excluded) So with that in mind from ATT / Verizons perspective it makes perfect sense. From a consumers perspective its stupid.

But i agree, i dont like a feature that works with only 1 type of data connection. ie, carrier network only and NOT WiFi.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a carrier issue. Isn't push over wifi available from other mail providers (gmail, etc)?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
As for your battery drain... Restore as new and use iCloud to recover your backup from... Did this and it solved all my problems plus I deleted the google + app.... Believe it or not it helped too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh