Elon Musk pitches Twitter Blue, including verification, for $8 per month

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If I were a popular influencer on Twatter, and $96/year keeps ads off my feed, I’d probably pay it.

But I’m just Mr. Nobody so it ain’t happening.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What a big dumpster fire at so many levels. The whole environment is hardly town square and more amplification for bullies and whiners. The ownership - Musk and Saudis - is to me unsavory. Free and freemium are broken in a lot of ways and places, and I doubt Twitter would have a good life or value if everyone paid a subscription.

Twitter and some forums amplify the problems of a hyper connected/communicating world. If you view it with what you learn in a basic stats class, it is a whole lot of people not so smart growing a snowball of inane stuff.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
5e0f02a4ff9dd0aec3beb79d8d7e7b7a.png

giphy.gif

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if there will prove to be a link between those who are prepared to pay £7/$8 for their blue tick and real subscribers ? Which leaves open to speculation the possibility that there might be those who pay for verification on behalf of “ghost” subscribers,and on their possible motives…
I favour the theory that there is only one actual Twitterer, but who that is,may never be known.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krisgraver