Elon Musk could force EVERYONE to pay for Twitter

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
And that would definitely mean the end of Twitter.

‘Nuf said…. :)

Sure, some people will be willing to pay, but the majority will not. I stopped using Twitter years ago and I’m unaware of its capabilities these days. With that being said, he can start by allowing 3rd party developers to use their own app(s) to access Twitter and charge then a subscription.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of users large followings have been moving over to the Mastodon app - this could definitely push a mass exodus elsewhere.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Hilarious. Fyi, both Twitter and 'free advertising' will continue to be free.
Like him or hate him, Elon Musk is just owning free advertising with a simple three step process. 1. make outlandish claim. 2. See media repeat the word Twitter 100 million times. 3. Rinse and repeat.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hilarious. Fyi, both Twitter and 'free advertising' will continue to be free.
Like him or hate him, Elon Musk is just owning free advertising with a simple three step process. 1. make outlandish claim. 2. See media repeat the word Twitter 100 million times. 3. Rinse and repeat.

Elon isn’t doing well.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The only matter important to me is how the freemium world and habits combined with intelligence or maybe best put as a lack of sagacity, has created a world where things get oversized importance. Too often those things are not correct. They ease manipulating people. The problem amplifies the importance of education and respect for expertise. Those things matter. Maybe it would help if Twitter and Facebook as they've become would implode.

I could more easily see Facebook survive as a paid service if it was at the core friend and family sharing than the Twitter format.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
We will have to agree to disagree. “Twitter” mentions is even repeatedly making into Apple centric website news. The free advertising is massive. Brought to you and me by a wholly duped media.

Good thing the free advertising is going so well. The paid advertising is tanking. But it is entertaining to watch him make a fool of himself on his new platform all day long. Not to mention he paid about twice the value for it and couldn’t even get out of the deal once he realized what a massive mistake he made. We can definitely agree to disagree on this one.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't think Twitter will go away. I think that this will all die down. Twitter may end up losing some users, but I doubt they're really really going away... at least for good!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR