ElCap Public Beta GM now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Go to beta.apple.com and log in with your AppleID - Enroll your devices per instructions - download, and enjoy!

Discuss the usual stuff here... issues, work-aorunds, observations...

My download is 6GB. Yeah, 6GB...

7/22/15 -- beta 2 available

7/29/15 -- beta 3 available

8/4/15 -- Beta 4 available

8/18/15 -- Beta 5 available

8/31/15 -- Beta 6 Available

9/9/15 -- GM available to Public Beta users

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: ElCap Public Beta 1 now available

Google mail on the ElCap Public Beta/Stock mail app - anyone else have it mucked up?? Won't connect - giving an error... Google says an unrecognized device is trying to access my Gmail...

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm getting a "Can't connect to the Apple server" error when trying to enter my Apple ID info for iCloud. Have no problem signing in to all my other devices (even iTunes), but I keep getting this error on my MB Pro. Any workarounds or fixes that anyone knows of?

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out a simple restart of the machine did the trick.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Issue in Notification Center: They took away the UTC/GMT clock choice in the World Clock widget...

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I can delete recent contacts in the Audio section of FaceTime, but if I close it out and reopen it, those deleted recents reappear.

plokhoj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I've been using El Capitan for a few weeks. Awesome update. New Notes view and split screen are features I like the most.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

7/22/15 -- Public Beta 2 available

I downloaded the Public Beta 2. When I go to restart my MBP it says the release details have changed (or something to that effect). When I click Show Details the window disappears, but nothing ever pops up. Any ideas?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I clicked 'continue' on a screen that came up and said something like you noted above and it went on and finished the set-up and finished fine.

Still no UTC/GMT clock to select in the Notification Center World Clock widget...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I clicked 'continue' on a screen that came up and said something like you noted above and it went on and finished the set-up and finished fine.

Still no UTC/GMT clock to select in the Notification Center World Clock widget...

On the third try of re-downloading it finally went through. Up and running now. Hopefully it'll address some of the heat issues I was having before.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

They put back the UTC clock in the Notification Center World Clock widget! Yay!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: ElCap Public Beta 3 now available

Installing now. The last beta caused the fan on my MacBook to run a lot. Hopefully, this update will not.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Installing now. The last beta caused the fan on my MacBook to run a lot. Hopefully, this update will not.

The first beta made my fan run nonstop. The 2nd was much better. The 2nd also seemed to fix the compatibility issue I was having with 3rd party apps.

burdell1

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

it most of the screensavers are going wonky (a technical term ;) not sure if it is something with the video card on public beta 3 of El Capitan

Dave Reiser

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

If my Mac App Store app isn't showing the public beta 3, does that mean Apple has pulled it, or that there's something wrong with my beta 2?

My app store history does say the public beta 2 was installed 5 times in quick succession the day I last updated.

I tried downloading the public beta from my "Purchased" list, but it sort of looks like that's the original public beta 1 (but I can't find any El Cap version information for that one after downloading it).

Dave

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

it most of the screensavers are going wonky (a technical term ;) not sure if it is something with the video card on public beta 3 of El Capitan

Yeah, after the installation, the background screen/wallpaper displayed a lot of 'interference', but not on any other screen.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If my Mac App Store app isn't showing the public beta 3, does that mean Apple has pulled it, or that there's something wrong with my beta 2?

My app store history does say the public beta 2 was installed 5 times in quick succession the day I last updated.

I tried downloading the public beta from my "Purchased" list, but it sort of looks like that's the original public beta 1 (but I can't find any El Cap version information for that one after downloading it).

Dave

Did you give the Mac App Store app time to check for an available update? When I opened the Mac App Store app, it checked for an update and alerted me to dev beta 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox