Echo during a call

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
When I use my iPhone 5, on speaker or holding it up to my ear, I hear my own voice making an echo. The other party hears the echo, too.

Anyone have a solution?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Backup, restore as new, and see if the problem persists. If it does, it's a hardware issue and you can take it back to Apple for a replacement.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
this might be the WORST advice ever. you know nothing of anything. terrible

At least advice was given. Where is yours?

To the OP, it could possibly just be your service. I have had it happen to me before, but usually when my service is low. I'm not jailbroken or anything either (because 6.1.4 doesn't have a jailbreak)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Actually, that is great advise. In general, if you bring your device to Apple the first they do is restore the device to stock to see if the problem persists. As long as you backup the only downside to doing this is the time it takes to restore to stock, test, then restore from backup.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Seems a bit silly to call someone's advice the "worst ever" when you offer none of your own. Care to elaborate on what the OP should do outside of what was suggested? Or is your purpose on the site (with your first post) to TRY and look like a tool?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems a bit silly to call someone's advice the "worst ever" when you offer none of your own. Care to elaborate on what the OP should do outside of what was suggested? Or is your purpose on the site (with your first post) to TRY and look like a tool?

He really didn't need to try....it seemed rather effortless.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

[WARN]Please do not troll in the forums. Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Do not make posts just for creating arguments. Be courteous, not rude.[/WARN]

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When I use my iPhone 5, on speaker or holding it up to my ear, I hear my own voice making an echo. The other party hears the echo, too.

Anyone have a solution?

Hello what carrier do you have ? This could be a network issue or hardware issue. I would try a restore like stated and if that don't solve it take it into apple to get a replacement.

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello what carrier do you have ? This could be a network issue or hardware issue. I would try a restore like stated and if that don't solve it take it into apple to get a replacement.

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

I was thinking this might be a carrier issue. Check various locations, and do a reset. If no luck, I would take it to an Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh