Eating my battery alive!!!

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Eating my battery alive!

so its only my first full day today with the phone. i got it yesterday, and i've read plenty of reports of people saying that the battery gets better once you charge it more... but im very worried about over charging this phone like my old ones. I've always charged my phone over night while im sleeping... but i hesitate to do that with the iphone because i dont know what the repercussions will be with long term battery life... should i let it run down and then charge it, or do i say forget about it and just charge the damn thing whenever i want.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would say charge it whenever you want. I know someone with an old iphone and thats what he did and his battery is still going strong after a year. I noticed the iphone battery picks up where the charge was and contiunes charging it. My razr phone that I had drained the battery first before it would start charging. I am topping my battery off for the day as I type.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Yeah these are smarter battery's you don't need to do that "trick" where you drain it out full then charge it full.. etc etc.

I use mine for a whole day, and by the end of the day 10pmish or so, It's pretty much on Empty

I then recharged it over the whole night and im good to go again for a full day =)

I take it off the charge at around 6am or 7am, and get on the train, which is then when i start using it again... 7am.

Also make sure to keep 3G off when you're not using it... I also honestly turn off PUSH, unless i am expecting a flow of important emails to come down.

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I have always charged my phones overnight and I will continue to do so with my iPhone. I'm finding that I'll also have to regularly charge it during the day just to keep it going. I've been hitting 20% charge left after only about 2 hours of use. If I play any Super Monkey Ball its more like an hour and fifteen minutes before I start to get battery warnings.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
No - you can't overcharge a Li-Ion. Downside is it only has X number of cycles. Flying home tonight from a week on the road. I haven't died during the day but find myself charging mid-day or whenever I get the chance. It doesn't have the battery life of my Curve but I'm running wi-fi, push Yahoo!, ActiveSync and that huge screen on auto-bright so not surprising. Plus, I'm constantly using it so once my "new geek toy" factor dies down some, I might see a full day out of it. If I used every battery conservation trick in the book, I am confident I could get through an entire day but haven't had to so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner