Dustproof iPhone 5 Case

whitlecj

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I am continuing on my search for a dustproof case for my iphone 5. I have tried lifeproof fre (can't stand the oil canning and wavy screen) and the incipio atlas (screen and sound issues). After trying both of these, I went with just a regular case and screen protector but I am in dusty environments quite often and the dust just drives me crazy. I am considering trying an otterbox armor but I am a little concerned about the bulk but can possibly get over it. Any other dustproof options out there?

The atlas would be the perfect case if not for the screen and sound issues. I really liked the thought of a glass screen protector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anything dust proof is going to have some issues with sound. What screen problems were you having with the atlas I'm using one and I notice no difference with case on or off as far as screen goes.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The sound isn't going to be the same as it is outside of the case. There is always going to be some distortion. Specially with the waterproof screens on these cases.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
what about the standard Otterbox Defender? Any sound issues with that case?

I really like the Armour series, if not only for the function - in that it is soo freakin easy to take the case on and off... I'm considering the Defender but worry about sound and ease of removal/installation.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
what about the standard Otterbox Defender? Any sound issues with that case?

I really like the Armour series, if not only for the function - in that it is soo freakin easy to take the case on and off... I'm considering the Defender but worry about sound and ease of removal/installation.

the defender is probably the LEAST dustproof "rugged" case out there....gaping hole around the earpiece speaker allows dust to get in between the case and the phone and can definitely cause scratches to the face of the phone, and the same goes for the camera opening on the back. Griffin Survivor is slightly more bulky but is WAY WAY better for dusty environments.

lmpotthoff

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The Lunatik Taktik case is great for keeping out dust and the sound quality is okay. But people tell me they have a hard time hearing me.

DallasVickers

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I am continuing on my search for a dustproof case for my iphone 5. I have tried lifeproof fre (can't stand the oil canning and wavy screen) and the incipio atlas (screen and sound issues). After trying both of these, I went with just a regular case and screen protector but I am in dusty environments quite often and the dust just drives me crazy. I am considering trying an otterbox armor but I am a little concerned about the bulk but can possibly get over it. Any other dustproof options out there?

The atlas would be the perfect case if not for the screen and sound issues. I really liked the thought of a glass screen protector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the best iPhone case is one that will keep your phone well protected and look smart at the same time. I really like the products of Concord Keystone.Concord Keystone is the authorized distributor of Aryca products.I am also using waterproof iphonecase for my iphone .All waterproof cases are IP certified protection against water, snow, sand and dust.

DallasVickers

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The Lunatik Taktik case is great for keeping out dust and the sound quality is okay. But people tell me they have a hard time hearing me.

The iphonecases of concord keystone is also great against water,snow sand and dust.All waterproof cases are IP certified protection against water, snow, sand and dust.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind the bulk the Armor case is awesome (IMO). Very easy to put on and take off. There may be some sound issues but I've not heard anyone complain and I really only notice it on my end if I have it on speaker with the volume turned way up (it sounds kind of "tinny"). You can get them at AT&T stores, they have a 14 day return policy, you could always try it and return it if you don't like it.

As others have said, the Defender (while a nice case) is not at all dust-proof, it will get dust in it.

Kristopher_Ri

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got my Case-Mate Tough Xtreme and I am loving it so far, it’s amazing it does exactly what an OtterBox but it’s a thinner case not so Bulky also I am not having any dust get in my phone at with this case, at least that I have noticed I haven’t…

Here is the link Case-Mate Tough Xtreme Case

Str8UpJack

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got my Case-Mate Tough Xtreme and I am loving it so far, it’s amazing it does exactly what an OtterBox but it’s a thinner case not so Bulky also I am not having any dust get in my phone at with this case, at least that I have noticed I haven’t…

Here is the link Case-Mate Tough Xtreme Case

Looked at the web link and it was hard to tell if the front facing camera and ear speaker are covered in some type of mesh or film to limit dust... can you clarify if that area has some sort of protection.. looks like a pretty nice case otherwise and cheaper too!

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Looked at the web link and it was hard to tell if the front facing camera and ear speaker are covered in some type of mesh or film to limit dust... can you clarify if that area has some sort of protection.. looks like a pretty nice case otherwise and cheaper too!

No mesh, they are wide open, I use this case daily now, otterbox is nice but too bulky. Lifeproof is great except touchscreen issue with ending calls and sound is muted-callers have a tougher time hearing me.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm a lineman and for a case for our work issued iPhones they give us griffin survival cases. Bulky but only problems with it are speakerphone. Other than that its been fine.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It's too bad Lifeproof didn't work out for you. I had one for my iPhone 5 the day they were released and had the typical issues that everyone writes about. I had LifeProof send me a replacement and the improvements were so great I can't believe it's the "same" case. Earlier batches were poorly designed, but later batches fixed the issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal