dust under the camera lens on my iphone 5!!!pls check yours too!

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
yesterday when i was cleaning my 5 and notice some dust particles under the lens.it looks like a scratch underneath but im assuming its scratch resistant since its made of sapphire crystal or something.Sir and Madam i need to ask you a favor if you can check your lens and report back.i dont want to ask apple for a replacement since i already unlock mine.thanks in advance!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Scan my previous post, I had the same situation. In my case it was a scratch inside. It looks whiter than a speck of dust. Initially I chose to keep it because I don't see it on my photos. Upon realizing my photos were blurry and sucked compared to my old 4s, I got it exchanged. That's where it gets ugly, the replacement had no speck or scratch on lens but a freaking dead pixel! Of course I returned the phone. He must have opened up 3 phones and all with major scuffing issue out of the box. Finally we settled one with two minor scuffs so I took it. Save your self some time and if the dust is not affecting your photos, keep the phone for now cause you have a year to replace. What you can do is go in and have them document it under your serial number about the issue and state you plan to exchange later. The likelihood of getting a device with more issues is too high right now. Thank me later :).

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I want to add that, I also inspected the iPhone 5 display demo devices. About half if them had dust specks on lens. Sucky QC!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Just take it to apple for replacement, most likely your are out of the return period with AT&T. A dead pixel will appear as a black noticeable dot on screen. Better seen on white backgrounds or lighter colors. Red/blue/green etc. dots on screen are stuck pixels. Either way both will guarantee a replacement. Apple has zero tolerance in dead pixels for iPhone screens. Download dead spotter from the AppStore to check. You would have seen it by now If you have a dead pixel because it sticks put like a sore thumb. Let me know how it goes, from here and out you have a year from purchase for warranty. Only go to apple store.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
just check mine and it's fine.
My wife's iPhone 5 has a little piece of plastic coming out from the bottom of the screen, right under the home button ( where the glass meets the aluminum bezel ), we've tried to pull it and no luck, the phone works fine so I'm not gonna bother

lilmoney30#WN

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Its really weird that the screen could get dust in it seeing that is all one piece. The earpiece, mic and speaker are all below the screen in terms of getting something in there.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Told you replacement is not an issue, it's almost automatic. It's just the fear of getting a much worst device. I hope you got a replacement that has no QC issues. Most importantly make sure no dead pixel.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I checked out a demo iPhone 5 at the Verizon store next to my work. There were two small specks of dust, but didnt appear to affect photo quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2